Information Technology Manager
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ Columbus or Seattle as an Information Technology Manager. NBBJ is seeking an experienced technology manager to lead our service, application, development, security, and infrastructure teams. The role is office based but does offer flexibility of up to two days p/week virtual. Our ideal candidate has a successful track record of designing scalable technology solutions in a complex multi-location midsized enterprise organization. Is highly collaborative, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and the desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
In your new role, you will:
- Interact professionally with internal stakeholders and external customer teams to discover and meet business needs
- Provide technical and logistical guidance to team leaders on a wide range of complex technologies
- Drive the scaling and sustainment of our current global infrastructure to meet the demand of our customers
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions day to day
- Lead, coach, and mentor other team members. Perform cross-training and facilitate information sharing among team members
- Develop/revise 3 year technology roadmap to prepare to meet future business needs/goals
- Review and refine yearly budgets with team leaders
- Meet with vendors to discuss product offerings, address technical issues/deficiencies, and influence new products and services to meet growing and changing requirements
- Required to be contactable and able to respond to critical business needs outside of normal business hours.
What you will need to succeed:
- At least ten years of relevant experience in a mid-sized multi-location environment
- Experience in the following areas:
- Initiative management and tracking
- Prioritization expertise
- Strategic planning
- Team mentoring, cohesion, and career development
- Vendor management and relationships
- Procurement tracking
- Budget creation, proposal, and tracking
- Firmwide communication
- CCNP (or higher) level certification or knowledge of IP networking
- DNA and ThousandEyes experience highly preferred
- MCSE level certification or knowledge of Microsoft on-prem, Azure, and O365 infrastructure technologies
- Framework analysis and planning (CE+, NIST, CMMC)
- Vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Incident response
- Highly autonomous, detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
• Stand for Optimism
We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
• Lead with Curiosity
We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
• Commit to Sustainability
We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
• Design for All
We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
• Own the Outcome
We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
• Grow our Legacy
We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.