Landscape Architect: Mid to Senior Level
Landscape Architect: Mid to Senior Level
For more than 75 years, NBBJ has been guided by a vision to “Design for Life”. Recognized recently as the planet’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions — Amazon, Google, Samsung, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Cleveland Clinic, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others — to set new standards for performance, the creative work place, 21st century living, wellness, and technology that have led to creation of highly innovative environments.
NBBJ’s Columbus Landscape Architecture, Planning and Urban Design (Urban Environments) Studio, is seeking a talented, a Mid- to Senior-Level Landscape Architect.
We seek to grow our practice with leaders that embody the “doer-seller” model. Our studio wins its own landscape architecture and urban design work and also engages with studios across the firm on projects ranging from corporate headquarters to, large mixed-use, campus, sports and entertainment and healthcare projects. The person selected for this position will help win and lead these types of projects in a collaborative environment and leveraging the team’s passion for the delivery of well-crafted, high-performing, and meaningful environments.
Your New Role will require you to:
- Lead and participate in a high energy, collaborative team environment
- Work as a liaison between multi-disciplinary design teams and with clients to identify project goals and objectives and articulate design opportunities
- Help lead and support the internal and external studio marketing and business development activities for the health and growth of the practice
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients through a deep understanding of their enterprises
- Fully engage in projects from conceptual design through realization
- Provide practice leadership providing mentorship and professional guidance to junior staff
- Provide strategy and vision for proposals and interviews with prospective clients
- Contribute significantly to enhance the design spirit of the studio
To succeed you will need to:
- Have 10 or more years of professional experience, including in the mid-west region
- Be a registered Landscape Architect
- Possess a strong sustainability ethic
- Ability to be decisive and think strategically with minimal direction
- Proven ability to motivate and develop teams--internally and externally--to work on and execute stand-alone and integrated landscape architecture related projects
- Proven success in developing and winning new projects
- Possess a deep understanding of natural and man-made systems related to urban design, site planning and landscape design
- Have developed excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skill and the ability to build effective client relationships
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams of designers in architecture, interior design, engineering, lighting, environmental graphic design
- Excellent time management skills exhibit the proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects, multiple deadlines and multiple scales
- Have the desire and ability to travel, domestically and internationally
Please include a PDF, at no more than 4 MB, with examples of your most relevant work. If portfolio is larger than 4 MB please include a link allowing us to easily to view and download your work.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.