Senior Workplace Strategist
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ New York as a Senior Workplace Strategist - Consulting Studio. We are seeking someone to join our Consulting Studio to manage Workplace Strategy projects and engagements, managing projects and client relationships. NBBJ’s Workplace Consulting Team believes that everyone deserves a good day at work. Our team focuses on understanding the people in each organization and creating workplace strategies that enable them to do their best work. Our research-based methodology requires a passion for learning and making connections between the science of human behavior, the impact of space on people, and the organizational needs of our clients.
In your new role, you will:
- Provide expertise in managing the engagement process and guiding clients through the workplace strategy and programming phases of a project
- Develop proposals, fees, and schedules while pursuing new projects
- Develop contracts, manage work plans and staffing, manage invoicing, and track project performance
- Lead the work of other team members, providing mentorship and guidance
- Actively engage with our clients and design teams to inform the early design process
- Lead workplace strategy engagements by working with clients day to day and leading on site facilitation or workshops
- Participate in marketing efforts, including developing new clients and participating in presentations
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum five to eight years of experience in design thinking and human centered design fields with an emphasis on client interaction and user engagement
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree a plus
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- A passion for absorbing information, synthesizing findings, and framing problems for our clients
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and graphic; facilitation and good listening skills are a must
- Excellent client relationship and management skills
- The ability to work in a collaborative team environment while being comfortable with ambiguity and a loose structure
- The ability to travel to, and work with, all of NBBJ’s offices and clients both domestically and internationally
- The annual base pay range for this role is anticipated to be between $100,000 and $150,000. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
• Stand for Optimism
We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
• Lead with Curiosity
We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
• Commit to Sustainability
We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
• Design for All
We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
• Own the Outcome
We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
• Grow our Legacy
We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.