NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ Columbus as a Network Engineer. NBBJ is seeking an experienced someone to join our talented Digital Infrastructure team. Our ideal candidate is highly collaborative, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
In your new role:
- Work with a wide range of complex technologies
- Maintain network systems, installing new hardware and modifying existing hardware, and
- related network software and applications
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network adheres to these
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions day to day on our network
- Lead, coach, and mentor other team members. Perform cross-training and facilitate
- information sharing among team members
- Review and implement changes on the network
- Meet with vendors to discuss product offerings, address technical issues/deficiencies, and
- influence new products and services to meet growing and changing requirements
- May be required to work on-call or long hours in case of network malfunction
What you will need to succeed:
- At least three years of network engineering experience in a mid-sized Cisco network environment
- Experience in the following areas:
- Dynamic Routing Protocols
- EIGRP and BGP preferred
- Route Summarization and Redistribution
- Firewall / ACL
- Cisco Firepower experience preferred
- Cisco AnyConnect experience preferred
- Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Background in datacenter network design and global network optimization
- Must be comfortable working in a highly virtualized (network, storage, and system) environment
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
- Current or Prior Cisco CCNA or higher certification
- Experience configuring and managing:
- Cisco DNA
- Cisco Thousand Eyes
- Cisco DMVPN
- Cisco's WLC Platform including FlexConnect
- A willingness to engage in cross training with our systems and security teams
- Highly autonomous, detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required
- Excellent analytical skills
- The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential
- Effective prioritization and time management
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
• Stand for Optimism
We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
• Lead with Curiosity
We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
• Commit to Sustainability
We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
• Design for All
We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
• Own the Outcome
We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
• Grow our Legacy
We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.