NBBJ is an award-winning design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what is next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Seattle in a Project Accountant role working directly with Project Managers, as well as collaborating with all areas of the Finance team. We prefer applicants to be based in Columbus but are also open to Seattle!
As our ideal candidate, you will have effective time management and organizational skills. You possess the ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and maintaining a high level of quality. You are a critical thinker who has a proven record of thriving in a fast-paced work environment.
In your new role, you will:
- Partner closely with project managers, clients, and sub-consultants to prepare monthly client invoices based on contract requirements
- Review contract terms and accurately establish budgets, billing terms, and invoice templates in the financial system
- Validate and enter consultant invoices for payment in accordance with contracts
- Ensure project costs are recorded properly and make adjustments as necessary
- Maintain finance contract files for audit purposes
- Monitor accounts receivable and assist project managers with collections
- Review, audit and post other teammates’ work
- Respond to inquiries from clients, sub-consultants and team members in a professional and timely manner
- Collaborate with your team to implement process improvements
- Assist in the collection and posting of timesheets
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as needed
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum of 3 years project cost accounting
- Strong understanding of accounts payable, receivable & general ledger functions
- Understanding of project financials, revenue, and profit
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word; experience with Deltek Vision a plus
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative manner
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and persistence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Energetic, high level of initiative
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
• Stand for Optimism
We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
• Lead with Curiosity
We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
• Commit to Sustainability
We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
• Design for All
We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
• Own the Outcome
We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
• Grow our Legacy
We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.