Comms Planning Business Director
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategists, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
We are looking for a Business director as our first m/SIX Ireland client lead, as we grow our business in Ireland.
This person will lead client leadership and planning across Britvic, News UK, EA Games and Bic in Ireland. They need to be comfortable with clients of all levels, as well as being able to take a brief and lead our response and work with the local GroupM buying experts in Ireland and our teams in London.
Britvic Ireland will be the main responsibility for this role in terms of time. Britvic’s brands in Ireland include Miwadi, Club, Ballygowan, Robinsons, Purdeys, Fruit Shoot and Drench. They will also lead our News UK, Bic and EA client relationships and responses.
They will be based in GroupM Ireland, and will be m/SIX’s first local client lead as we look to expand into the market. They will need to be entrepreneurial, and comfortable working in teams locally and with our London teams, as well as being comfortable personally leading projects.
As we are establishing our Irish footprint, they will need to be able to make connections and have a good operational skillset
This person will be the go to contact for our Irish clients and will need to form trusted relationships, that strengthen our client scores. They will glue relationships between our Irish clients and m/SIX London. It will be important to be a part of m/SIX London, and to spend time in our office and meet all our teams.
Depending on the candidate’s background and experience, we could also look to introduce some UK account(s) to provide further variety to this role.
We are ambitious in our plans for the Irish market, and this role will involve helping us grow our local footprint and will also work on with new business projects.
- Strong planning skills. We are looking for a media planner rather than just a suit
- Analytical media planner – be able to use all key industry tools to drive insight and robust media plans
- Be able to put together a great story
- Ability to pull out a great audience insight
- Confident planning all channels and how they fit together
- Comfortable presenting to clients with gravitas
- Relishes getting their hands dirty writing decks
- Ensures all teams are accountable and deliver on the basics brilliantly
- Be passionate about new business and drive our teams responses – especially in comms/ media planning. There is a big opportunity for this person to really drive our business in Ireland
- Develop our relationships with our local clients and deliver TRR scores of 8+
- Look for new revenue opportunities eg SEO / Data and modelling / partnerships
- We are looking for someone with demonstrable planning experience gained from a media agency environment
- A planner not a suit, that can create great narrative and stories for our clients
- Irish media market expert
- Comfortable leading projects and also working collaboratively
- Ability to work in a start up environment, backed by GroupM / WPP