m/SIX is the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, having doubled in size in the last eighteen months to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets. The&Partnership overall has a strong ethic of pitching in and getting our hands dirty, regardless of level. As such we are naturally less hierarchical and territorial than many other agency environments, particularly when it comes to working with creative teams.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working, which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand. We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic & implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth. Our aim is always to become a valued board-level business partner of the clients we work with.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
Who is the client?
TalkTalk are the UK’s value champion in Broadband and combined TV, Mobile and Internet services. Unlike Sky, BT and Virgin with their flashy celebrity led campaigns, TalkTalk genuinely put ‘the customer’ at the heart of their business. This is reflected in our campaigns which feature a real ‘TalkTalk family’ – showcasing ‘real people/ real lives’.
We help TalkTalk invest over £70m annually in media across all brand and performance channels. With an integrated team, rich in data and analytics and working closely within an embedded team together with our creative agency The&Partnership.
What is the role?
TalkTalk is a data-driven business and produces significant amounts of data from its marketing activities. Equally m/SIX produces a large amount of data in the design and implementation of media activity across all online and offline channels. In order to be able to report and optimise media performance we need to identify, source, structure and quality control the right data to inform both online and offline media planning. This role therefore involves being the ‘champion’ of data collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting design on the TalkTalk media account. We have a specialist analytics team at m/SIX which undertakes econometric modelling and other data analytics work and this role includes helping this team obtain the data they need to deliver their analytical outputs.
This role involves:
1. Project Design and Management
• Ability to assist our analytics team in designing in ROI optimisation and reporting projects
• Ability to set and manage project timelines and deliveries
2. Managing Data Collection
• Ensure we can identify, source and collect the data we require to report and optimise media performance
• Build relationships with key clients who can provide access to the required data sources
3. Understanding Relevant Technology:
• Harmonisation of data inputs and dashboard management.
• Management of data feeds and ensuring accuracy of data feeding into dashboards to support reporting.
• Data troubleshooting
• Response Tab maintenance & updates
• Leverage analytics to inform media optimisation and strategies.
• Deliver tracking excellence and consistency across media
4. Managing Reporting:
• Leveraging platforms to deliver insight back into performance planning, reporting and optimisation
• Cross product/ channel/ business analysis to support performance
• Deliver data and insight into continuous test and learns
• Develop attribution model to determine ongoing channel prioritisation
5. Work with m/SIX and TalkTalk Analytics teams:
• We use statistical techniques like econometrics to understand and quantify the impact of media activity
• This work is undertaken by the m/SIX team and also by TalkTalk
• This role includes providing the data to ensure that these analytics functions can run smoothly
Who are you?
• You have solid experience of working within a data analyst role in the media or marketing industry
• You will have experience of working with online and offline media data and client-side data
• You will have strong client facing skills, with the ability to explain complex analysis in simple terms, and work with clients to help unearth the real challenges/opportunities within their business.
• You will have excellent knowledge of Excel, common econometrics packages, R and PowerPoint
• You will be ambitious, determined, self-motivated, meticulous, personable
• You will have experience across all media channels, with a particular focus in digital
How will success of this role be measured?
• Successful delivery of projects
• Stakeholder and team feedback
• Commercial growth of scope of work
Where is the role based?
As TalkTalk move their operations up to the North-West we are very excited to be moving alongside them. This role will be co-located in the client’s new headquarters Soapworks, a multifaceted destination hub on Greater Manchester’s Waterfront. Working in such proximity with the client will enable us to work in smarter, more nimble ways to deliver the most innovative data-driven work. We envision that this move to the north-west will just be the start for m/SIX making their mark on the Manchester market and we are therefore looking for someone who can also help us grow our northern footprint.