Multifamily Maintenance Jr. Apprenticeship
Monarch Investment and Management Group is looking for a Maintenance Apprentice to join our team in the Rochester, MN region. This is your chance to start a successful career in Property Maintenance!
Monarch Investment and Management Group is a winner of the National Apartment Associations 2021 Best Places to Work. We currently manage over 73,008 apartment units in 21 states, making us the 8th largest multifamily owner in the country per NMHC. In addition, Monarch operates a nationally franchised hotel and a ski and snowboard resort.
Unlike our competitors, we do everything possible in-house. With this model, we are ALWAYS on the lookout for quality entry level to highly certified maintenance professionals to join our teams. Monarch is proud to offer a Maintenance Jr. Apprenticeship and Shadow Program for those interested in learning more about the exciting world of multifamily housing building and property maintenance.
Similar to an internship, this program allows individuals who are currently involved in some form of formally advancing their maintenance skillet & knowledge to participate in a program that allows for real world exposure to multifamily building maintenance and management.
Minimum 6 weeks, Maximum 14 week
Participants will learn about and be hands on with the following:
- General maintenance of multifamily apartments and buildings.
- Preparing apartments for new tenants both hands on and big picture management, “Turn Boards”.
- Building & Property systems (water/Sewer, HVAC, Electrical, Gas, Irrigation)
- Preventative maintenance programs both small and projected capital need assessments.
- Understanding the management of and assisting with resident work order requests.
- Property, grounds and apartment and inspections.
- Organizing and maintaining an efficient work shop.
- OSHA compliance
- Property Management Maintenance Software, “Yardi”
- Basic pool overview (where applicable).
- Basic snow removal management, tracking and compliance (where applicable).
- Learn how to successfully work with 3rd party contractors.
Requirements & Details:
- Will work directly with a Monarch Maintenance Supervisor or Roving Crew Lead
- Must be currently participating in a structured, related learning program or recently completed in last 3 months. Examples but not limited to 2yr/4yr degrees, trade schools, related certificates, HVAC or other trade certifications.
- Minimum 6 weeks, Maximum 14 weeks
Be part of a group that has endless career growth and offering the training to actually grow from within!
Equal Employer Opportunity