SharePoint Online Administrator
Location: Portland, OR / Remote
Position Status: Full-time - Regular- One year engagement with potential to extend
Salary Level: Minimum Starting Salary for this role will be $85,000 commensurate on experience.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse, and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
The Information Technology (IT) department coordinates, facilitates, and supports the agency's use of information and communications technology to achieve agency goals. We provide planning and technical assistance to Mercy Corps country programs and collaborate with HQ departments to implement and support the agency's strategic initiatives. We work to strengthen the agency’s abilities to use Internet-based information services.
The SharePoint Online Administrator will play a vital role in establishing SharePoint Online, MS Teams, and document management strategies for Mercy Corps. This includes assisting with the migration of content from various sources to the Microsoft 365 environment. They will take the lead in all activities related to administration and maintenance of SharePoint sites across the organization.
- General SharePoint Online administration - Site architecture, creation, and maintenance, permissions, external sharing, document handling, etc.
- Assist with the migration of content from various sources (country office servers, Google Drive, Dropbox, personal computers, etc.) to Microsoft 365 environment as designed.
- Serve as the internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Microsoft 365 cloud environment focusing primarily on SharePoint Online, MS Teams, and OneDrive.
- Provide end-user support for tickets/issues related to any M365 products/apps/services conferring with Microsoft Support to resolve more complex problems.
- Ensure the operational health of the SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability, and reliability.
- Responsible for quality control of the SharePoint and MS Teams environments to ensure the appropriate processes, use and support.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to configuration, user guides, FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions), etc. for SharePoint Online.
- Support application development teams with SharePoint integration as needed.
- Ensure the stability of existing and new Power Automate-based integrations with other platforms and services, as well as the security and compliance to ensure company data is handled appropriately.
- Performs other duties as outlined in individual objectives.
Reports Directly To: Senior IT Project Manager
Works Directly With:
- Director, Global Infrastructure and Support
- M365 Administrator
- Senior IT Project Manager
- M365 User Adoption and Support Specialist
- IT other HQ teams and departments, as necessary.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing SharePoint Online for 5000+ users.
- Dedicated team player and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building capabilities among various levels of stakeholders and cultures.
- 3+ years experience implementing, deploying, and configuring SharePoint Online and MS Teams environments from the ground up/scratch.
- Knowledge of M365 Security and Compliance related technologies including retention policies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts (PowerShell) to install new settings or deployments and remediate issues to support users.
- 3+ years experience with Exchange Online.
- Experience with Azure Cloud is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience of Azure AD (Active Directory) Authentication.
- Knowledge or experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) tools like Okta a plus.
- Ability to speak and read multiple languages a plus, particularly Arabic, French, Spanish and English.
The position is open to Remote Only but will work with staff globally and may travel up to 10% of the time to areas with limited access to medical facilities and amenities. Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours including when deployed in a field posting or on a visit to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps' policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of Mercy Corps’ vision. Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC and have signed on to the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times.
As a safeguarding measure, Mercy Corps screens all potential US-Based employees. Any offers of employment or continued employment are dependent on the successful completion of the screens which include, but are not limited to our Background Check and Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme processes,
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Covid-19 Vaccine Policy for US-Based Employees
Mercy Corps has determined that, in an effort to protect the health, safety, and well-being of all Mercy Corps employees working in the United States, all U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of prior COVID-19 infection status.
This policy will be revised as needed to comply with federal, state, and local requirements, and to respond to changing guidance from public health authorities.
For new employees this requirement goes into effect within 10 business days of employment. Team members that travel are expected to comply with host-country requirements, including vaccinations. Failure to comply may impact your employment. Proof of vaccination or exemption must be provided.