MediaCom | Associate Director
You will be responsible to ensure a true understanding of the client needs and then leverage your brilliance and the resources in your team and the broader agency to deliver outstanding work. You will enjoy dealing with people and find it easy to build rapport with clients and colleagues. You will be a naturally positive, curious and driven person who gets a kick from uncovering new insights, methods and opportunities to make a difference. You’ll already have got some experience with retail focused, multi-market clients and will be eager to be part of a team that’s raising the bar when it comes to winning in a highly competitive retail and ecommerce marketplace.
Reporting of the role
This role will report to a Regional Account Director.
Best things about the job:
Working within the regional MediaCom hub amongst over 100 colleagues in a highly inclusive, dynamic and award-winning environment :
- An amazing portfolio of exciting consumer brand accounts that will give you variety and boundless opportunity to do interesting, stimulating and rewarding work.
- Getting the chance to work hands-on in some of the most exciting new areas of our craft – e-commerce, addressable dynamic creative and data strategy – as you guide your clients to win in a new retail world
- Being empowered and enabled to succeed with the tools, training and infrastructure to progress yourself and your career, as part of MediaCom’s talent programme, awarded APAC’s best in the industry.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- On boarded onto the key account with full induction/training into all of the other facets of the business such as trading, specialised services (internal and within GroupM).
- Client Relationship: Demonstrate good understanding of clients’ business and ability to apply this knowledge to proactively lead meeting discussions.
- Strategic Thinking and Presentation: Ensure holistic thinking is carried across channel planning with outcomes that can be clearly measured. Able to write and articulate compelling comms strategy and recommendation.
- Project & Team Management: Ensure smooth workflow and clients and team members are up to speed on all tasks. Deliver an effective integrated MediaCom solutions to the clients with the support of Content and Digital specialist teams.
In 6-12 months, you would have:
- Built the trust of your client by demonstrating thought leadership that has brought a new approach/angle to a campaign/s, which is acknowledged by the client in Vantage scores.
- Begin to create an energetic and motivated team culture
Responsibilities of the role:
1) Client/Account and Financial Management
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients, agency partners, media vendors, internal regional/ global planning teams and specialized teams, ensuring alignment and integration – role of “trusted advisor”.
- Direct and manage day-to-day needs of key accounts in line with brand guidelines, global strategic path and agreed contractual terms. Effective time and resource optimization: Prioritize jobs to manage timely fulfilment within allocated resources.
- Develop understanding of all clients’ businesses – brand and products, category and competition, issues and challenges. Brief the team by translating the local/regional/ global strategies as necessary to meet the needs of the local market’s marketing and communication objectives.
- Financial Planning and Management: Negotiate, track and overall management of client budgets/ spends, billing and collections, maintenance of master contract updates and timely utilisation of master contract entitlements
2) Planning and Implementation Delivery
- Develop strategies and ideas for campaigns. A complete mastery of the entire suit of proprietary tools, insights properties and software.
- Develop and present media briefs/ plans/ documents incorporating communication goals, recommendations cum rationale, ideas and implementation, planning costs and budget splits and KPI’s. Provide assistance and POV to the team on their local market plans for presentation to clients.
- Negotiate KPI’s with the client prior to start of the campaign/ project and ensure all tracking and measurements are based on the agreed KPIs and media efficiencies. Manage the team’s weekly time-sheets. Coach and monitor KPIs for direct reports including training and development.
- Supervise, coach and work with Managers/Planners/ Executives to ensure that campaign is implemented – implementation goals are met and media buys are effective.
- Contribute to central media strategy development by generating any regional/ local reports.
3) Business and Market Management
- Work on pitches for new business opportunities and organic revenue growth opportunities. Explore ways to increase revenue via new projects and specialist services and ensure end to end project management of the jobs won.
- Participate in awards, local and regional forums of the industry.
- Liaise and support the regional/ global teams as and when key market/ category/ client information is requested.
What you will need:
- Minimum 6-7 years’ experience in a media/digital agency.
- Curiosity and appetite to learn about new market developments, fresh thinking and opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness.
- Experience working with multi-market clients and balancing the needs to cater to local market dynamics, while staying true to broader strategic principles
- Digitally proficient, ideally with foundation skills training across Google / Blueprint, etc
- A can-do attitude with a hands-on approach to service client relationships.
- A high performing team player experienced in managing and motivating the best in people.
- Excellent communication skills with clear and concise style of writing with confident, persuasive presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize jobs and manage time efficiently
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom
About GroupM Singapore
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.