MediaCom I Planning Director
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and is part of WPP.
We are currently looking for a Planning Director to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for demonstrating success in managing media planning businesses for a large brand.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Deputy Managing Director
3 best things about the job: 1. Working with an exciting roster of clients, including a QSR known to be bold, ambitious and creative. 2. Working with a passionate, driven and highly-capable team. 3. Opportunity to grow and learn with clients that lean forward with innovations.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Have a thorough understanding of the clients’ businesses (KPIs, key challenges and how they differ from other brands).
- Understood the key tools and processes critical to the everyday running of the account.
- Managing the day to day output of the team with high quality and high responsiveness to client requests
In six months:
- Thorough knowledge of the media landscape of brands handled
- Establish relationship with key media owners.
- Embedded yourself into the internal team and understood the different specialist teams you work with
- Built a strong, collaborative relationship with your clients, acting as the senior contact across clients.
- Improve outputs and presentation of reviews/planning sessions
- Suggest improvements in ways of working or processes of any clients
In 12 months:
- Begin to consult with clients on their business and how MediaCom can influence business outcomes
- Drive incremental revenue and drive profitability for the team, including but not limited to fee and contract negotiations.
- Lead and deliver all client responses to brief with the team in a strategic way
- Lead planning response from insight and strategy through to execution
- Provide sufficient and timely feedback/appraisal to direct reports in a thorough and professional manner
What your day job looks like at Mediacom:
- Managing and being responsive to client requests, appropriately delegating tasks to individual team members.
- Guide team members to develop strategic thinking and media planning skills
- Work closely with the specialist teams to ensure you are up to date with their latest offerings
- Work closely with media partners on responses to briefs or pro-actives.
- Ongoing learning of the client’s category/competitive activity as well as the changing media landscape
- Attending meetings – internal, client and cross-agency
- Attending conferences/seminars to keep up to date with trends, insights and client’sC business categories.
- Always questioning – using the insights at our disposal, either through the strategy team or business science, consider how this might affect the overall communications for clients.
- Take part in new business pitches and provide insightful and comprehensive communication solutions for the agency and its clients
What you’ll bring :
- Curiosity – always asking meaningful questions, challenging the brief if necessary
- High attention to detail to ensure the team’s output is of the highest quality
- Proven experience in managing people and ability to adapt management style
- Strong team player
- Ability to navigate difficult client situations/manage expectations in a diplomatic way
- Enterprising – ability to identify and drive revenue opportunities
- 8 – 10 years of media agency/marketing/brand management experience
- Strong understanding of traditional & digital media
- Leadership skills / potential
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Passion for learning and openness to new challenges
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
Philippines Market Overview
About the Philippines
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth. It is also one of the largest and fastest-growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 109.5mn, 59.2% of these currently have access to the internet. By 2022, the Philippines' internet population is forecasted to be 73%. Coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint, the country is well-positioned as an exciting and innovative place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.