Full-Time / Permanent / Onsite
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa and Tucson.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for all ESG initiatives to help our Divisions move forward towards our goal of leading the homebuilding industry in developing more sustainably
- Perform site visits and operational analysis to identify opportunities and evaluate and/or execute initiatives in support of corporate ESG goals to including business processes, construction methods and building materials
- Research and identify current and developing technologies that can increase the sustainability of homes by enhancing waste reduction efforts, increasing recyclable opportunities, evaluating lower carbon alternatives and more
- Conduct site visits to verify quantities of construction supplies vs. budgets and all appropriate plans to make necessary changes to help reduce waste and increase recycling efforts
- Evaluate and communicate field take-off changes with Trade Partners, Purchasing, Construction and Architecture to adjust as necessary
- Assist Purchasing department with community take-off set up, item number creation and JDE input with national assistance - helping other Division’s as needed
- Collaborate with Division and ESG teams on value engineering opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness construction, and communicate initiatives with all departments involved
- Conduct field audits to ensure Scopes of Work are being enforced along with quality control measures
- Assist in storm water and erosion control with Land Development and Operations teams
- Maintain and control trash containers throughout the communities with Construction and Purchasing
- Manage energy efficiency metrics such as HERS scores, utility rebates, and plan analysis along with managing energy efficiency certifications
- Analyze rebate and energy efficiency impacts of potential equipment and technologies to be used
- Coordinate Divisional Green Team and help educate employees on new sustainability practices – field & office
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Environmental Science or Sustainability
- 3+ years of experience in residential single family or multi-family construction with a knowledge and understanding of residential home building disciplines and estimating
- Should have experience in sustainable building practices
- Ability to read construction plans
- Knowledge of home energy conservation and sustainability practices
- 10 Hour OSHA and SWPPP certified (if not certified, must be willing to get certified)
- Demonstrated ability to work with external parties, trade partners, suppliers and industry peers
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on execution of plans and meeting deadlines
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people of all levels of the organization, including but not limited to Purchasing, Design Studio, Construction, Permitting and Architecture
- Forward thinker, self-motivated, who is not afraid to present ideas in sustainability
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, responsive and action oriented
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Building Degrees in Engineering, Planning, Construction Management, or other Business area may be considered with experience in a related field
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities.
Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of company paid vacation + 1 week of company paid time off + 2 weeks of sick time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
To provide the best homeowner experience
Mattamy’s core values
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2023, 2022, 2020, 2018 & 2017
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2023, 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2023, 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2023, 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2023, 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Southeast, FL for 2023, 2022
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019
A career with Mattamy Homes is a chance to join a team as solid as they come. We’re an internationally recognized, privately owned homebuilder full of ambitious, talented and hardworking team members. Together we’re making dreams come true with homes and communities designed for the way people live today, and that’s a great feeling. Our future is secured through strategic investments in land and communities, in both current and new markets, which offers ongoing learning, growth and opportunity for all of us. Redefining how we build with smarter technology and a deep commitment to sustainability is exciting and rewarding.
Here, you will gain valuable experience through challenging and interesting projects. Recognized as an employer of choice, Mattamy ensures you will enjoy great benefits and an award-winning culture, because we take care of our own. On our team, we all have a role to play in building for the future.
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.