Land Development Manager
Martin County/St. Lucie County, FL
Full-Time / Permanent / Onsite
VP of Land Development
A career with Mattamy Homes is a chance to join a team as solid as they come. We’re an internationally recognized, privately owned homebuilder full of ambitious, talented, and hardworking team members. Together we’re making dreams come true with homes and communities designed for the way people live today, and that’s a great feeling. Our future is secured through strategic investments in land and communities, in both current and new markets, which offers ongoing learning, growth and opportunity for all of us. Redefining how we build with smarter technology and a deep commitment to sustainability is exciting and rewarding.
Here, you will gain valuable experience through challenging and interesting projects. Recognized as an employer of choice, Mattamy ensures you will enjoy great benefits and an award-winning culture, because we take care of our own. On our team, we all have a role to play in building for the future.
What you’ll do
- Achieve timely planning and engineering approvals for civil, landscaping, utilities, etc. to ensure that all approvals are obtained in a timely manner and according to the project’s schedule
- Develop and analyze conceptual plans and coordinate with Sales & Marketing to produce market driven plans, incorporating flexibility to adapt to changing market conditions
- Produce financial budgets and evaluations of all plan alternatives
- Initiate, manage and execute land development and planning approval schedules
- Manage team of Consultants for the timely completion of all deliverables
- Review overall earthwork strategies to minimize costs and avoid import/export of material
- Actively participate in acquisitions and due diligence
- Procure construction, engineering, landscaping and other consultant services
- Will split time between Division Office in Boynton Beach and construction office in N. Martin County area
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Planning, Housing and Urban Development, Construction Management or related field
- Prior work experience in similar role specifically involving project management
- Prior supervisory experience
- Excellent project management skills, including budgeting, scheduling and directing team’s work efforts
- Strong understanding of land development process and its related disciplines, such as planning and engineering
- Strong communication and negotiation skills – verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Experienced in reading various types of maps (topographical, zoning, etc.) and engineering plans
- Demonstrated success in the homebuilding and land development industry
- Computer literacy (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Project)
- Master’s degree in Construction, Real Estate or related program preferred
- PE Certification preferred
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities.
Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of company paid vacation + 1 week of company paid time off + 1 week of sick time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa and Tucson.
To provide the best homeowner experience
Mattamy’s core values
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2023, 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2023, 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2023, 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2023, 2020, 2018 & 2017
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2023 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Southeast, FL for 2022
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.