Sales Assistant Team Lead
Ottawa, Ontario – In Sales Offices (5 day/week)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Sales and Marketing - Ottawa Division
Manager, Sales and Marketing
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
In keeping with the Mattamy mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Sales Assistant Team Lead provides excellent customer service while helping to introduce prospective purchasers to the Mattamy home buying process. This role does not have direct reports, but works closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager on the operations and day-to-day management of the Sales Office and team.
Must be available to work weekdays and weekends as the hours of our Sales Offices are Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
What you’ll do
- Represent Mattamy as first point of contact for prospective purchasers.
- Receive and direct incoming telephone calls in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Prepare Purchase and Sale Agreements.
- Prepare and maintain all purchaser files.
- Track customer interactions and input homeowner information into corporate database.
- Report and track model home maintenance
- Acts as liaison between the Sales and Marketing manager and Sales Assistants; providing follow-ups and advising of outcomes.
- Creating and updating the Sales Assistant schedule.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Coordinators to organize and host routine meetings with the Sales Assistant Team.
- Support in the recruitment and training of both new and existing Sales Assistants as required.
- Provide input to the Sales and Marketing Manager on Sales Assistants Teams development opportunities to foster growth and development.
- Work New Community or Phase launches and provide support needed for the Sales Consultants and Sales Assistants to provide the best Homeowner Experience possible.
- Work in all offices across the Ottawa Division
What you bring
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Experience as a team lead or supervisor role
- Strong customer service (CS) background and experience.
- Must have a valid license and access to a vehicle.
- Excellent telephone communication skills with a strong ability to problem solve.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Computer literacy with experience in MS Office applications.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous Sales Experience
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.