Builder / Construction Manager
|Charlotte, NC area|
Full-Time / Permanent / Onsite
Area Construction Manager
A career with Mattamy Homes is a chance to join a team as solid as they come. We’re an internationally recognized, privately owned homebuilder full of ambitious, talented and hardworking team members. Together we’re making dreams come true with homes and communities designed for the way people live today, and that’s a great feeling. Our future is secured through strategic investments in land and communities, in both current and new markets, which offers ongoing learning, growth and opportunity for all of us. Redefining how we build with smarter technology and a deep commitment to sustainability is exciting and rewarding.
Here, you will gain valuable experience through challenging and interesting projects. Recognized as an employer of choice, Mattamy ensures you will enjoy great benefits and an award-winning culture, because we take care of our own. On our team, we all have a role to play in building for the future.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for supervising on-site construction including, but not limited to: scheduling subcontractors, inspectors and suppliers, managing day-to-day operations on the job site, inspecting all work, and resolving any problems that might arise
- Approves subcontractor invoice for accuracy
- Manage the construction of assigned homes from foundation to close, including 30-day warranty signoff
- Oversee and monitor all daily trade functions: timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work
- Schedule and conduct onsite homeowner meetings
- Assist in ordering all materials required to construct houses
- Schedule and attend all necessary municipal inspections and assist Inspectors with the completion of the review, and rectifies issues as required
- Ensures all work is being done in a safe manner and enforce safety standards and laws within position’s scope of authority. Ensures homes are as clean and aesthetically appealing as possible while under construction
- Additional responsibilities to be discussed
What you bring
- Minimum 3 years residential construction experience with knowledge of construction processes including scheduling and managing scheduling issues
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and experience with a construction scheduling software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intensely focused on delivering a quality product --- takes pride in building a zero-defect home
- Good knowledge and clear understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, construction methods, materials, and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of building code and health & safety regulations
- Experienced in managing budgets and controlling costs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written
- People management skills including ability to train and mentor staff, delegate as required, complete performance reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction or related program
- BuildPro software experience
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities.
Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of company paid vacation + 1 week of company paid time off + 2 weeks of sick time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa and Tucson.
To provide the best homeowner experience
Mattamy’s core values
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Southeast, FL for 2023
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2020, 2018 & 2017
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.