Accounts Payable Specialist
Mississauga, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Finance and Accounting Department, Canadian Central Office Division
Six Month Contract
Manager, Accounts Payable
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Mattamy Homes is looking to add an Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist to our AP team. The ideal candidate must have worked in a corporate shared services environment and be able to process a large volume of invoices accurately and quickly as well as provide exceptional customer service to our suppliers, vendors, and internal departments. Make joining one of Canada's Top 100 Employers your next career move.
What you’ll do
- Process all invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Match, verify coding and enter invoices into JD Edwards system.
- Ensure accurate and efficient data input adhering to established processes.
- Follow up with management and department staff on overdue invoices and approval requests.
- Prepare AP reports in JDE and run EDI payments and cheque payments.
- Assist with AP month end and year end process.
- Handle and resolve inquiries related to accounts payable, vendors and invoices.
- Correspond with vendors to promptly resolve problems and discrepancies.
- Accurately file all processed invoices and documentation.
- Provide support with other administrative functions as required.
What you bring
- Minimum 2 years of accounts payable experience, ideally in a shared services environment.
- Experience with JD Edwards ERP.
- Residential building industry experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in understanding/resolving problems.
- Must be detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy in inputting and checking data.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, especially Word and Excel and any accounting packages.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while remaining well organized.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.