Assistant Warranty Manager
Mattamy Homes Canada
Warranty Department, GTA Low Rise Division
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centered on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Reporting to the Warranty Service Manager, the Assistant Warranty Manager at Mattamy Homes is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of warranty service and homeowner service requests as part of achieving the Mission to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
What you’ll do
- Provide exceptional leadership to a group of Warranty professionals.
- Provide guidance, feedback and coaching to the Warranty Team, ensuring consistent and outstanding customer experience.
- Directly resolve escalations and oversee complex and challenging situations, collaborating with the Warranty Manager as required.
- Assist in management of 30 day and Year-End Warranty Service Requests (W.S.R.).
- Inspect and review incoming Tarion 30 day and Year-End service request forms. Attend Customer’s home where required to evaluate deficiency.
- Inspect work completed by new home technicians based on an agreed upon schedule and provide ongoing guidance and technical support / advice.
- Assist in monitoring, ordering and ensuring proper stock of service repair materials.
- Collect and review completed W.S.R.’s from service appointment and provide information to Warranty Community Coordinators for any follow up workdays if required.
- Regular daily visit to Warranty Technician appointments to monitor progress and to maximize opportunity to strengthen relationship with customer.
- Participate in all Community Mattamy University sessions.
- Meet with Warranty Service Manager to review outstanding W.S.R.’s and other construction / warranty service issues.
- Conduct H/O and QA inspections when workload is beyond capacity of dedicated H/O, QA staff.
- Participate in recruitment interviews of New Home Technicians and Community Coordinators.
- Train and onboard new home technicians and community coordinators with support from Warranty Managers.
- Manage all level 1 escalations.
- Manage all PO approvals and spend management escalating to Warranty Manager as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring
- Post-secondary education / Community College industry related diploma or suitable combination of both.
- Proven experience in building, developing, and coaching high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written to convey appropriate response and build relationships with our employees and customers.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Sharepoint.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage variable workloads in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in dealing with difficult customers and situations
- Strives for a win-win outcome
- Demonstrates empathy and understanding with customers
- Effectively resolves warranty matters to bring them to full and final closure
- Valid driver’s license essential and willingness to travel daily to assigned site.
- Ability to lead, influence and collaborate effectively across all functions.
- Experience working in the residential construction industry.
- Experience working with Tarion.
- Subject matter expert in Tarion warranty program and Ontario Building Code.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.