Land Development Manager
Mississauga, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office, Mon, Wed, Thurs)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Land Development, Greater Toronto Lowrise Division
Director, Land Development
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Mattamy Homes has a unique career opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Land Development Team for an exciting opportunity to grow their career with an industry leader.
Our Land Development Team is made up of highly skilled professionals who work in partnership to identify development opportunities, and work with municipalities, engineering firms and civil constructors to develop and design sustainable communities.
What you’ll do
- Project scheduling, budgeting, cash flows and other financial reporting
- Promote project and community vision and design
- Manage municipal approvals: secondary plans, tertiary plans/block plans, draft plan, zoning, site plans, subdivision registration, etc.
- Manage and work well with multi-disciplined consultant teams
- Manage high level environmental and infrastructure study approvals: sub watershed study, master environmental servicing plans, etc.
- Manage the engineering process: civil, landscaping, and utility drawing approval process
- Understand how activities affect customer satisfaction
- Acquisitions and due diligence support
- Participate in home product development and translate into land and land use
- Participate in landowner group coordination and cost sharing negotiations
- Industry and market presence and awareness
- Investigate sustainable community alternatives
What you bring
- Degree or diploma in Engineering (Civil Engineering), Planning, or Real Estate/Business
- 3-5 years of relevant project management experience with a residential, consulting or engineering firm focused on land development projects
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Forward planning and thinking: scheduling; coordinating consultants, contractors, municipalities and internal resources
- Financial Management: always managing by the numbers and understanding the projects financial position
- Strategic execution: assisting in the development and implementation of project strategy; calling on the right people at the right time; challenging the process
- Communication: professional internal financial and timeline reporting; integrating well with Builder; early detection of issues
- Relationship skills: consistently balancing the interests of all stakeholders (municipal, political, partners, suppliers, Builder, etc.; upholding the reputation of Mattamy to facilitate smooth application processes
- Teamwork – overall contribution to the team; proactively helping others; consistent positive attitude; mentoring, teaching, training and learning
- An understanding of Provincial planning policy
- Experience/understanding of the Ontario Land Tribunal process
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.