Medical Technologist, Laboratory, PRN
Schedule: Per need various shifts
Something special starts here.
You can’t define it, but you know it when you see it: the difference between an average life and the good life. When your cup is full – with joy, purpose and lifelong health – it shows. At LMH Health, we are all about healthy people, healthy communities and healthy futures, and that makes us your destination for an exceptional career. From flexible, work-life harmony to competitive pay and great advancement potential, find everything you’re looking for at LMH Health.
You'll find everything you’re looking for at LMH Health:
· Join a team that cares about the community
· Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
· Professional development and recognition
· Excellent benefits
We’re looking for you.
We are looking for a patient-focused, Medical Technologist to join our team. The Medical Technologist functions as a professional who assumes responsibility and accountability for the performance of clinical laboratory testing that pertains to patient care and diagnosis. As with other clinical professionals in the laboratory, the Medical Technologist is career ladder eligible.
- Promotes the vision and mission of Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Demonstrates proficiency and core competency including; punctual and responsible in attendance, flexibility in scheduling, appropriate independent judgment and initiative, professional appearance and demeanor, promotes teamwork, maintains positive attitude.
- Acquires and updates knowledge pertinent to policies, specimen collection, test procedures, and instrumentation.
- Demonstrates technical expertise necessary for accurate and reliable performance of testing in all applicable areas of the laboratory.
- Performs patient, quality control, proficiency, quality assurance testing and required documentation processes timely and accurately.
- Assists in inventory control and research and development of new tests.
- Participates in the training/mentoring of new employees and hospital and/or departmental committees.
- Plays an active role in Education and Performance Improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science and meets “High Complexity Testing Personnel requirements” per CLIA 88, with clinical experience, and on an ASCP route to be eligible (within a year).
- MT /MLS (ASCP or AMT), HEW or eligible.
- New graduates or ASCP eligible routes should complete registry within 6 months.
Our Cultural Beliefs
Patient First. We consider the patient first in everything we do.
Better Together. We actively strive to be a diverse LMH Health team that works together to achieve excellence.
Listen/Speak Up. We embrace a diverse culture of open, respectful, well-intended communication where we listen, share, and value ideas to create equitable solutions.
Innovate! We actively explore new ideas and approach change with agility and an open mind.
Own It/Solve It. We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and we collaborate for solutions.
In Joy. We create a workplace that is both fun and meaningful.
At LMH Health, we value inclusion and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all to apply. Employment is decided on the basis of experience and qualifications that meet the business need.