Senior Frontend Engineer
Frontend Engineering Madrid, Spain Remote, Spain
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
After the initial onboarding process, you will work to help, support and guide Liferay teams all over the world succeed and deliver robust, safe, performant and dynamic web experiences on time and with high quality, with tasks such as:
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of common, high-level UI components, based on our Clay component library that is used by all Product Teams in the development of user-facing applications
- Work on our low-code tooling and client extensions subsystems to improve DXP frontend extensibility capabilities
- Improve DXP platform editing experience by evolving our CKEditor and CodeMirror editor offering
- Work using Node.js to improve our common set of internal build tools or our external developer experience toolkit to create content and customizations for our platform
- Keep our frontend platform in shape by moving across our varied stack from our custom legacy modules to our more modern React and TypeScript components.
- Navigate the depths of the Java and JSP world for our more low-level server infrastructure and fly over our greenfield Node.js we use for our tooling.
- Review code from team members and other colleagues alike and help them deliver with quality
- Design and implement major new features that may involve writing new components as well as leveraging and extending existing components by evaluating new technologies and trends to determine which is a good fit for the needs of the product
- Liferay’s servant leadership mentality resonates with you as you enjoy sharing ideas and tools, and helping other team members solve difficult technical challenges with frontend technologies and their development environment.
- Work in a cross-functional team and collaborate with other departments (Design, UX, QA, Documentation)
- Be a reference in regards to general and Liferay-specific frontend knowledge by helping others make the proper decisions when asked and delivering internal tech talks or workshops about Liferay technologies
- Self-manage to focus on highest priority tasks, within scope.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years experience developing frontend technologies: React/Node.js.
- Deep knowledge of Web fundamentals and frontend State of the Art
- Experience developing complex frontend components and solutions
- Nuanced understanding of browser constraints and performance implications.
- Broad understanding of Computer Science concepts: algorithms, data structures, performance
- Proven ability in software design and a strong grasp of system interrelationships
- Experience with frontend build systems and tooling is a plus: Webpack, Vite, Babel, esbuild, rollup, etc
- Good team player
- Self motivated, can take initiative and be proactive to work on things before someone else asks for it
- Accept constructive criticism well
- Attention to detail
- Experience leading frontend projects (libraries, frameworks…)
- Strong knowledge and experience developing applications with React
- Proficiency using the command line
- Experience with frontend tooling and build systems
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Health Care Plan (Adeslas)
- Food Card (129€/month)
- Kindergarten Voucher (129€/month)
- Gym Membership (Gympass)
- Additional perks of your own choice: Transport Card, Office Parking Space, Digital Voucher (800€ annually)
- English lessons (2 hours/week)
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- Remote work
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
- Employee Volunteer Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.