Product Management Recife, Brazil São Paulo, Brazil
Liferay is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About the Team
From modest beginnings, the Liferay Cloud team has expanded into a global powerhouse. Our platform, integral to our PaaS and SaaS offerings, has matured into an enterprise-grade solution. This team is tasked with the ambitious goal of delivering Liferay’s digital experience platform to our customers seamlessly, addressing complex business challenges with ease.
About You and this Role
As a Product Owner at Liferay, your influence extends beyond mere management — you are the embodiment of our product's vision. Tasked with the vital role of enhancing the development team's output, you are pivotal at every stage of the product's journey from conception to launch. In a direct partnership with designers, engineers, and stakeholders, you will curate products that are not only significant but also resonate with excitement. If you are driven by innovation, revel in navigating uncharted territories, and thrive in a team that values collaborative leadership, we invite you to step forward.
We are looking for experienced and passionate product owners that can help us work on the future of digital experience.
- Refine the product roadmap, and actively contribute to the program backlog.
- Take full ownership of the team backlog and its implementation.
- Define iteration/sprints plans and user stories, and ensure increment acceptance.
- Steer the direction of iteration/sprints goals and content, prioritizing stories effectively.
- Lead Sprint Planning, offering clarity on story details and priorities, and oversee the final iteration/sprints plan and its release.
- Engage in team demonstrations and retrospectives.
- Elevate product owner practices within the company, setting benchmarks for excellence.
- Mentor peers and model exemplary practices for aspiring product owners.
- Experience influencing the direction of cloud products.
- Experience managing cloud environments including: deploying, monitoring, scaling applications in multiple cloud providers: AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Strong customer focused software experience in a Product Owner role
- Relevant product experience or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or related field.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Proven track record of leading through influence and vision
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.