Customer Care Supervisor
The Customer Service Supervisor supports IPSYCare’s growing team of representatives while also helping IPSY deliver on its core business objectives. You will act as the voice of IPSYCare and our community to uphold a customer-centric approach across all touch points. Are you a strong, creative leader with excellent collaboration, analytics and project management skills? Can you adapt in a fast-growing environment and seamlessly communicate across multiple partners and teams within the company? If so, this role is for you.
Cover Letter Required– Tell us why you're interested in this role and what makes you a good fit. Please also briefly describe (in no more than 100 words) what aspect of your management style is most applicable to leading a customer service team.
- Support Driven: You are passionate about the IPSY community and are always looking for solutions to improve their experience with our service.
- A Committed Leader: You are a hands-on leader and enjoy mentoring others. You strive to understand what motivates the IPSYCare team and find actionable ways to support them to succeed. You have an overall passion for leadership and people management.
- Accountable: You act with agency and minimal guidance to support departmental operations, anticipate risks, and identify contingency plans.
- Analytical and Innovative: You work with the IPSYCare management team to meet department objectives, growth objectives, and make valuable contributions to the business through data-driven insights. You inspire others to question established processes or assumptions and act as a catalyst for change and improvement.
- Collaborative: You are eager to solve problems effectively through strong cross-team communication and collaboration.
- Authentic and Mature: You’re comfortable being yourself and genuinely enjoy connecting with everyone. You model openness and respectful communication, and function well as part of a team.
- Monitor supervisees’ professional development through ongoing training and mentorship.
- Provide constructive, clear, and timely feedback to ensure performance and culture standards are upheld.
- Serve as first line of escalation to help supervisees resolve complex customer issues.
- Handle metric scorecards to provide quantitative feedback; design performance improvement plans to improve metrics for those struggling.
- Help run daily and weekly team meetings.
- Inspire team motivation and culture.
- Draft member-facing messaging for public and private channels in collaboration with the Content Manager.
- Administer email and social support tools (adjust permissions, create rules, optimize functionality).
- Use analytics to monitor and improve team performance in order to consistently achieve productivity targets.
- Maintain and streamline internal organizational processes and documentation; find opportunities to develop new features and improve functionality.
- Lead the resolution of technical, service-related, and other unanticipated issues.
- Carry a share of off-hour (nights, weekends) team support, including owning regular office hours shifts (weekdays and rotational weekends), and work closely with the offshore team to identify trends and provide timely input and resolutions.
- Own Agent hiring and onboarding process.
- Minimum of two years in a supervisory role.
- Experience mentoring and coaching others to support their success.
- Ability to prioritize and solve problems independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent eye for detail and strong follow-through.
- Experience defining, tracking, and reporting metrics.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative.
- Experience supporting product roadmap development, feature/functionality development.
Please note if you’re contacted for an interview, the process may include written projects, video and phone calls, and/or onsite interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.