IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an ambitious, proactive Merchandise Planner to join our Merchandising & Brand Partnerships team! The planner will help run the membership program(s), own the merchandise planning process, and provide reporting on planning objectives.
Are you an analytical problem solver, ultra-organized, have excellent attention to detail, and a positive attitude? Do you want to work as part of a dynamic team? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead planning for an IPSY membership program
- Build product pipelines and lead weekly buying activities
- Ensure monthly product assortment is aligned with COGS budget
- Develop and maintain yearly product plans by brand, subcategory, and tier
- Provide weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting on product performance, revenue and profit objectives
- Partner with the Merchandising team on initiatives and ensure assortment aligns with themes and merchandising direction
- Coordinate with Brand Partnerships and Operations teams as necessary
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5+ years of merchandise planning, buying or finance experience
- Interest in retail, beauty or fashion
- Strong analytical acumen with proficiency in retail math
- Proactive self-starter with excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Flexible and comfortable with a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.