Customer Care Representative
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
At IPSY, our members are at the core of everything we do, and we’re committed to providing them with top-notch service. Your responsibilities will include handling sensitive member interactions, proposing creative solutions, and establishing rapport with our engaged community. Are you passionate about helping others and want to actively offer solutions and ideas that will delight our members? If so, we want to hear from you!
You will be scheduled for our evening shift (12-8 PM Pacific Standard Time) and one weekend shift per week.
Cover Letter Required – We want to get to know you, so tell us about yourself! Tell us why you're interested in this role and what makes you a good fit. Please include a memorable experience that you've had as a customer and what you consider the most important quality for someone who works in customer care.
- Support driven. You have a passion for problem-solving and enjoy being challenged. Helping others comes naturally to you
- Perceptive and compassionate. You actively anticipate member needs. You can adapt your tone and approach to fit a diverse range of member personalities and situations
- Honest and authentic. You’re comfortable being yourself and genuinely enjoy connecting with everyone. You express yourself openly and respectfully, and function well as part of a team
- Reliable and accountable. You’re consistent, dependable, and adhere to a set work schedule
- You take ownership over the quality of your work and are always looking to improve
- Innovative. You're a creative thinker who can offer solutions to the trickiest conundrums. You bring compelling ideas to the table in an effort to catalyze positive change
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Respond to members in a professional, friendly, and timely manner to enhance our members’ knowledge of IPSY and create a positive experience for them
- Handle sensitive issues while maintaining the highest level of professionalism; provide thoughtful, prompt resolutions with compassion and poise
- Recommend solutions to complex or escalated situations through research and critical thinking
- Share relevant, strategic insights with our product, marketing, and technology teams regarding overall customer experience and service-related trends
- Strive to exceed volume and quality goals
- Own additional projects as needed and prioritize carefully
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years in customer-centric industry
- Strong computer and typing skills, very comfortable with web-based applications and navigation between tools
- Excellent written communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to handle workflow efficiently
- Willing and eager to support new channels as needed (e.g., phone, social media)
- Experience providing member support via social media is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
Please note if contacted for an interview, the process may include written projects, video and phone calls, and/or onsite interviews. Although our hiring team may not be able to personally follow up with every applicant, we do our best to be as thorough and thoughtful as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.