Social Media Strategist
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Strategist to help scale and grow our celebrity-founded beauty brands on social. You will be responsible for spearheading a best-in-class social content strategy for both founder and brand channels across several platforms. You will also be responsible for executing tactics to drive key KPIs for engagement and fan growth along with ideating community programs to delight our fans.
Are you an expert social strategist with experience in the beauty industry? If so, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop, oversee and publish a monthly social calendar that caters to targeted audience and ladders up to the goals of the business
- Ideate and produce content ideas for cofounder channels in partnership with the Creative team
- Ideate, pitch and execute unique, engaging social media activations to develop innovative custom content that breaks through the social clutter
- Monitor and report on weekly social metrics, and develop actionable insights to accelerate fan growth. engagement and traffic back to the site
- Ability to manage social dashboard with regular reporting metrics and insights to inform content and posting strategy
- Monitor and engage in brand-related/real-time conversations for the brand community across all social media platforms
- Manage monthly budget for boosted/promoted posts and ad content on Instagram
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in the Creative, Brand Operations, Brand Partnerships, and Influencer Marketing teams
- Manage the Ambassador program and help curate influencer gifting lists for new product launches
- Attend photo shoots to capture BTS content for brand and founder channels
- Develop and manage a UGC program that incentivizes the community to share more content
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong attention to detail, highly curated eye for mapping out social feeds that feel unique to each brand
- Experience in the beauty industry
- Deep strategic thinker that can define objectives and optimize plans with insightful recommendations
- A self-starter with expert knowledge of digital space and proactively brings new ideas to the team
- Experience working with major celebrities and creating content in a professional setting
- Experience with social analytics & publishing tools
Bonus if You Have:
- Graphic design skills and experience with editing tools to create ad hoc digital content as needed
- Ability to produce video beauty content
- Experience working at a fast-paced start-up
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.