Personalization Software Engineer II (Argentina)
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Santa Monica, and Buenos Aires, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Personalization Software Engineer II (Argentina) to join the IpsyMatch Engineering group (IM Eng). You will be responsible for the central personalization logic governing which products are given to which users each month, by applying ML models, creating expert systems, and highly-algorithmic coding. We also handle many traditional software engineering processes, like gathering and crunching data (at big-data scale!), forming reports, and exporting data to other microservices in the company.
Are you a Java-skilled engineer with an eye for optimization of code and real-world processes? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design novel algorithms that run in Java or in Spark
- Linear and mixed-Integer constraint solving using Gurobi
- Packaging functionality in an internal website used by business ops
- Managing infrastructure agilely using AWS
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of Industry Software Engineering experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with coding in Java
- Skill designing efficient algorithms to solve novel problems
- Familiar with databases: schema design, queries, performance
- Have a startup orientation and be able to responsibly work directly with the infrastructure
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with optimizing real-world processes via software
- Experience with ORMs (GORM), and application frameworks (Grails / Angular)
- Experience with Spark or other data-processing architectures
- Experience with AWS, Airflow
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Health insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Generous paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.