International Finance Lead (Argentina)
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated and influential International Finance Lead to join the Accounting/Finance team in Ato drive scalability and operational excellence in Argentina! You will be an inspiring leader to the Finance team by building new infrastructure, processes, and controls while helping to identify areas of improvement, innovation, and additional investment and drive efficiency through automation and streamlining accounting processes.
Are you a collaborative teammate, a builder, and a mentor, with a proven track record of scaling the accounting function through hyper-growth preferably in a public company? Do you have a working knowledge of peso foreign exchange, accounting systems, processes, Argentina GAAP (IFRS), U.S. GAAP reporting, and internal controls? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support the full cycle general ledger monthly close process and related activities to ensure all accounts are local GAAP (ARG IFRS) compliant in ARG
- Meet deadlines in line with the company’s policies and procedures
- Own all local compliance requirements
- Draft and implement key policies and procedures and drive implementation and training of new local standards
- Maintain the relationship with an external contract for statutory reporting, drive annual audit, provide pragmatic solutions and alternatives to challenging requests and inquiries
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build streamlined and scalable processes and achieve maximum efficiency to support growth
- Benchmark and coordinate with industry peers on standard methodologies related to hedging, cash management, accounting, systems, policies, and processes
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects
- Ownership of local monthly flux variance analysis and thorough understanding of accounts
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of relevant work experience driving the corporate financial analysis, accounting policies, and processes
- Comprehensive understanding of cash management and financial hedging
- Problem-solving, project management and decision-making capacity in a dynamic environment
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, from staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- Leadership experience managing, growing and mentoring teams
Bonus if You Have:
- Very organized
- Team development
- Love to sharpen the leadership pencil
- Enjoy influencing others
- Strong EQ
- Compartmentalize problem into solvable bits
- Hold others and yourself accountable to complete tasks
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.