Engineering Manager (Services)
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead teams of service-building engineers! You will be responsible for driving perfection across your engineering teams.
Are you someone who is excited to develop and mentor a team? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the development of the team's key services across IPSY's tech and business domains
- Partner with business leaders to ideate, plan and deliver high-leverage business services
- Nurture a culture of excellence by recruiting and hiring great engineers and team leads
- Coordinate, mentor, and develop the engineers and leads on your teams
- Build and maintain outstanding engineering processes
- Influence technical vision across the entire IPSY Engineering organization
What We’re Looking For:
- 8 years of experience developing large scale services/APIs
- At least 2 years of engineering management experience
- Experience with hiring engineers
- Have a passion for driving constant excellence from every engineer
- Expertise with system architecture, application architecture, and technology evaluation at large scale
- Experience in cloud-based computing and development environments
- Expertise in microservices and monolith-to-microservice migrations
- Expertise building great applications that enable and level-up the business
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with data pipelines, ETLs, event pipelines, and other big data infrastructure
- Expertise with big data, analytics, machine learning, and personalization
- Experience with subscription and/or e-commerce platforms at scale
- Experience with Spring Boot, Rails, or other modern application frameworks
- Experience with AWS
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.