Senior Sourcing Project Manager, New Business
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million+ monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Sourcing Project Manager to join our Sourcing & Procurement team! Your primary responsibilities will be working with our Brand team, Product Development teams, and global suppliers to source and lead all phases of our new product development (skincare, body care, hair care) from concept to delivery.
Do you have knowledge of product development fundamentals, the ability to apply critical thinking throughout the process to ensure products are delivered on time, meet or exceed target margins, and can help us meet our product quality requirements? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Handle assigned sourcing projects from start to finish
- Build timelines for the new product from concept to delivery, work together with internal teams and vendors to prioritize and ensure all key deadlines and milestones are tracked
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to finalize formulas, primary & secondary components/artwork, coordinate legal copy approvals, obtaining ingredient lists, gathering all regulatory information, final artwork proofing, and submission to vendors
- Follow up with vendors daily and weekly regarding order status, actively track and maintain updates for all orders and mitigate delivery risk through problem-solving and negotiations
- Act as the key contact for vendors and focus on building strong collaborative and long term vendor relationships
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, capacity, and service
- Negotiate prices
- Issue purchase orders and handle payments
- Lead U.S. logistics, Inbound and QC
- Pull reports, assemble data and perform analysis to make recommendations for procurement
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience in a sourcing and project management role. Cosmetics, personal care or health & beauty background preferred
- Experience working with global vendors in both a turnkey and non-turnkey environment is a plus
- You have a strong intuition on personal care trends
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are well organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with global teams
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.