IPSY is a creative and fast-growing beauty company headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are looking for a hardworking Infrastructure Engineer for our growing Engineering team. If you are a hands-on engineer who thrives in a fluid, high-performance, entrepreneurial environment and has a passion for learning and innovation, we want to hear from you.
- Taking a major role in the management of our CI/CD infrastructure and processes.
- Design and implement improvements to our monitoring and logging systems.
- Handle (and automate) PCI compliance related system administration tasks.
- Be a driving force for sharing AWS knowledge and skills with the rest of the Engineering team.
- Collaborate with apps teams to ensure services are reliable and scalable.
- Experience with AWS administration, ideally multi-account VPC and IAM concepts.
- Experience with designing and implementing continuous integration solutions such as Jenkins.
- Ability to write scripts in common scripting languages such as shell, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux system administration, hardening, performance tuning, etc.
- Experience with application monitoring and alerting in a production setting.
- Experience with system configuration management tools such as Puppet.
- Experience with time-series and monitoring systems such as Graphite or InfluxDB / Grafana.
- Experience with log aggregation and analytics systems such as SumoLogic or Splunk.
- Experience with PCI compliance.
- Experience with eCommerce infrastructure.
- Experience with database administration.
- Experience with application frameworks such as Rails or Spring.
- Strong understanding of internet security including key management and VPN technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.