Business Development Manager
Internet Brands (IB) is looking for a Business Development Manager to play an integral role supporting, and growing our lead generation business and customer acquisition for Martindale-Avvo.
This position is part of IB’s Marketing and Business Development team and will primarily focus on developing and managing both new business relationships as well as an existing, high growth portfolio of performance-based affiliate marketing partnerships and accounts. This includes new business development, partner on-boarding, optimization, quality management, analysis and accounting.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role managing and growing affiliate relationships for some of our most high profile and strategic initiatives. The right candidate will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, skillfully manage multiple accounts against KPIs, and possess a strong attention to detail.
The role can sit remotely or in any of our offices across the country.
- Identify, pitch and close new supply and demand partnerships for the affiliate channel.
- On-board, grow and optimize marketing partnerships and campaigns.
- Experience prospecting, developing a pipeline, and managing a book of business, driving revenue growth and other performance metrics at scale.
- Oversee day to day management of existing partners, including contracts, implementations, traffic quality, campaigns, performance analysis and the associated ROI.
- Manage the daily operations of lead-buying and selling, including lead quality and performance analysis.
- Provide data-driven performance feedback and actionable insights both internally and externally. Deliver reporting and analysis to partners, maintain regular partner meetings.
- Identify and develop new affiliates and publishers to expand our reach and support new initiatives.
- Ensure that external billing files are compiled correctly at the end of each month.
- Special projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years in a comparable business development, affiliate marketing or partner management position.
- Experience negotiating MSA agreements helpful.
- Background in affiliate marketing, lead generation, business development, account management, customer acquisition, paid media, or performance marketing desirable.
- Dynamic self-starter, great problem solving skills.
- Effective communicator who excels at cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience with API based platforms, integrations, ping-post, lead generation platforms, voice or pay per call platforms helpful.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and good follow-through.
- Basic understanding of web-based technology.
- Data-driven, highly experienced with Excel.
- Experience in the Legal marketing space a plus but not required.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.