Senior Engineer - Frontend
As a senior engineer at Nolo, you will help drive the web platform’s architecture that serves our network of 50+ legal content sites working with a team of engineers.
- You are interested in building and delivering world-class web experiences.
- You know what causes sites to be slow and how to make them fast.
- You understand and have experience optimizing sites for SEO.
- We use Laravel and also are exploring React and Next.js. Experience and interest in working with this stack is a big plus.
- You have experience with a variety of CSS and JS frameworks and know how to evaluate new ones.
- You have experience implementing web analytics such as GA.
- You are very comfortable working with databases.
- You understand web security, auth frameworks, and protocols such as OAuth and know how to scale APIs.
- You can set up CI/CD for your projects and help others do it.
- You’re happy to do design and code reviews with your team, colleagues, and managers.
- You have some experience or interest in mentoring junior level developers.
- If you have experience with Docker/Kubernetes, that would be a plus.
Let us know if you think you’d fit the role, even if your skillset doesn’t match the description exactly.
Our selection process
Stage 1: An online assessment to learn about your technical skills.
Stage 2: Phone conversation with a tech leader at IB.
Stage 3: Interviews with the tech leads at IB discussing various technical topics.
Stage 4: Chat with the CTO of Legal and Internet Brands
Nolo is part of the Legal vertical at Internet Brands. Our office is in Pleasanton, California.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.