Legal Editor (Estate Planning)
Nolo is one of the nation’s leading providers of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce articles, books, apps, and software. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, our sites include Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, and topic-specific domains like DisabilitySecrets.com.
Our full-time legal editor position offers a unique opportunity for a lawyer with natural writing and editing ability who is interested in a nontraditional career in law and work-life balance. We are based in Berkeley, California but are open to remote candidates prepared to travel to our office from time to time.
The Estate Planning Legal Editor will:
- Write and edit articles for Nolo’s websites.
- Update books and articles.
- Update and develop estate planning forms.
- Train and work with freelance writers and ensure the legal accuracy of content.
The Estate Planning Legal Editor must:
- Show excellent writing and editing skills for a nonlegal audience (blogging or journalism experience is a plus).
- Have a law degree from an ABA-accredited law school and no professional disciplinary history.
- Have at least two years’ experience as a practicing attorney, including experience with will and trust formation, will and trust administration, and probate.
- Work well with others.
- Be able to manage several projects at once.
- Be comfortable with Microsoft Office suite and Windows operating systems.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Legal, Editorial, Editor, Web, Writer, Net, Internet, Online, Lawyer, Research, Berkeley, Internet Research, Jobs, Legal Editor