Sr. Manager, Data Analytics
Internet Brands is looking for a Sr. Manager Data Analytics to support our Legal vertical (e.g. Avvo.com, Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, Martindale.com).
The Ideal Candidate:
You are an organized self-starter with a keen business sense who loves digging into data to understand trends and performance. You have a passion for manipulating large volumes of data, building dashboards, and have a consistent focus on efficiency. You easily understand requirements and communicate the progress of your work. You have a bias for action and know when to apply the 80/20 rule. You’re also a great teammate who likes a rapidly changing environment and wants to join a company that offers a ton of opportunities to build your skills.
The Manager’s primary role is to be responsible for insights and analysis support. To achieve this, they will guide other analysts on the team or by directly providing the information. This position requires an ability to understand the key metrics of a business and interpret the results to the business owners. They will work in a project team-oriented and dynamic environment which will require working closely with other teams and adjusting to new developments as they arise. Various software packages and tools will be utilized to collect, mine, and report on this data. Strong analytical and communication skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines are critical for this position.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and/or mentor other analysts in generating visualizations, analysis and insights.
- Collaborate with agile engineering teams to design flexible solutions to support analytic needs.
- Responsible for all analysis, reports and insights for appointed areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for proactively working with the business in order to determine priorities.
- Responsible for understanding the business goals and current/historical KPIs.
- Responsible for recommending new analytic methods and data platform improvements.
- Provide insightful summaries and next step recommendations of projects to the business owners.
- Experience (6+ years) in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills including experience in supporting and communicating data-driven analyses to various departments and stakeholders.
- Highly Proficient (3+ years) with creating, maintaining, and optimizing BI tools like Tableau workbooks.
- Highly Proficient (1+ years) in using SQL for data analysis and reporting.
- Advanced Excel skills are required. Must be proficient with advanced analytic functions such as vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps.
- Excellent business and product sense.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science, or related field.
- Experience working with Marketing, Product, and Sales teams
- Experience managing other data analysts
- Experience in analytical workflow (Alteryx preferred)
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.