After School Enrichment Specialist - Art - IDEA Sports Park (Immediate Opening)
Role Mission: The After School Enrichment specialists will facilitate after school programming for priority students, focusing on academic support, enrichment opportunities, and college/career readiness. Enrichment Specialists will work with campus principals and the After School Coordinator to ensure after school programs enhance the vision and priorities of the school. After School Enrichment specialists work after school for 2 – 2.5 hours.
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Provide enrichment and recreation leadership for the program students.
- Facilitate planned enrichment and/or recreational activities to group of students (average group size 12-18).
- Assists in developing students' cognitive capacity, increasing academic skill development, and respect for learning.
- Foster students' self-esteem and motivation through positive interaction.
- Be directly supervised by the Site Coordinator
- Attend scheduled meetings with Site Coordinator and Project Director to coordinate program design, evaluation process, and outreach efforts.
- Work closely with Site Coordinator and Project Director to: Organize schedule of enrichment and/or recreational activities. Implement evaluation tools.
- Abide by all IDEA campus rules and procedures
We look for Team and Family who Embody the following Values and Characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
- Education: Must be enrolled in college or have a bachelor’s degree
- Experience: Prior experience in enrichment activity that the role requires
- Required: Must attach an official or unofficial transcript to the application in order to verify GPA and credit hours earned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Ability to track data weekly and monthly for reporting
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate of $12.00/hourly
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.