Board Certified Behavior Analyst - Permian Basin (23-24)
Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Role Mission: The IDEA Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) demonstrates knowledge and skill in providing behavior analysis services and behavior management plans for students with Autism in the age range of 3-9 years old. In addition, the BCBA will provide support and professional learning to school site staff, RBTs, co-teachers, and parents in appropriate behavior intervention techniques; conducts assessments and develops plans that conform to state and federal legal frameworks.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $70,300 and $85,100, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
What You’ll Do -- Accountabilities
The BCBA will demonstrate knowledge of and aid in the development, completion, and monitoring of behavior supports for Special Education Services as per State and Federal Guidelines.
- Supports Special Education teachers in developing Functional Behavior Assessments that yield strong Behavior Intervention Plans
- Coaches school staff and parents in implementing behavior supports consistently to support students with Autism in moving into the least restrictive environment
- Follows correct procedures for maintaining records and services.
The BCBA will directly coach and monitor Regional Behavior Therapists in different classrooms.
- Train registered behavior technicians on ABA and student’s program and initial RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) training
- Directly observe treatments/services administered by RBTs
- Review RBT’s documentation and data collection and provides feedback
The BCBA will design, implement, and oversee trainings for school staff and parents.
- Develop and oversee parent trainings to facilitate generalization of skills across all environments.
- Develop and oversee General Education teacher trainings to ensure an understanding of how to provide behavioral supports for students in mainstream environments.
- Develop and oversee Special education Teacher trainings to ensure consistent implementation of appropriate behavioral supports.
- The BCBA will supervise the Registered Behavior Technician Assistant (RBTA)- depending on the region
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Analysis required
- Valid certification as a BCBA in the state of Texas
- 1+ years of experience as a BCBA
Learn more about IDEA
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.