Enrollment and Grades Manager (Immediate Opening)
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: The SIS Enrollment and Grades Manager is responsible for managing the IDEA experience beyond the classroom and taking ownership of the enrollment process to the moment students walk the stage at graduation. This process includes, but is not limited to, fostering internal and external partnerships, managing records request, and monitoring enrollment compliance through re-registration and registration processes. The SIS Enrollment and Grades Manager serves as the compliance expert for implementation of the grading policy, accuracy of student schedules and grades, student transfers and parent portal communication. In addition, the Enrollment and Grades Manager drives quality within his/her team’s efforts to ensure regulatory, statutory and contractual compliance in these areas.
The SIS Enrollment and Grades Manager’s work involves developing school, regional and district processes; developing systems and procedures to execute these processes, and developing tracking mechanisms to measure progress. They manage SIS campus teams through influence.
- 100% of registered students are enrolled 4 weeks before the first day of school or within 72 hours of registration
- Develops and implements processes so that campuses report student enrollment accurately while validating student data compliance
- Implements robust system enhancements, enrollment reconciliation processes and reporting mechanisms to maintain accurate student enrollment throughout the academic year
- Develops training sessions and train campus staff on effective processes to manage student enrollment
- Assists campus staff with pre-k and kinder verification process to ensure accuracy with age requirements and eligibility guidelines
- Assists campus staff with student enrollment questions for varying scenarios
- Provides geographic boundary guidance to campuses and ensures compliance
- Monitors student enrollment data accuracy and advises campuses of anomalies with correction plans
- 100% of student records are collected August 30th or within 72 hours of registration
- Develops and implements processes so that campuses know how to collect student records
- Implements robust system enhancements, record reconciliation processes and reporting mechanisms to maintain accurate student records throughout the academic year
- Develops training sessions and train campus staff on effective processes to manage student records
- Serves as a liaison with neighboring districts to coordinate record collection
- Serves as a liaison with state agencies to improve the speed of record requests and collection
- Excellent Customer Service
- Communicate with school staff, administrators, parents and outside agencies to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve issues, concerns and questions regarding SIS data and directives
- Internally and with district partners, contribute to a growing culture of analytics to ensure campus, regional, and national staff are working smarter versus harder in identifying root causes behind gaps and meaningful interventions
- Answering all phone calls
- 100% campuses ready by the first day of school
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of student enrollment data errors are eliminated by the first day of school
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of campus staff have access to student data and record systems
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of student records are requested by June 30th and weekly thereafter
- Live values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students can get to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing and to learn and improve in a fast pace environment
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships to achieve outcomes
- Prior experience managing a team
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of five years in a student information systems or similar role with a record of results
- Experience in K-12 education
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with student information systems (PowerSchool, Skyward, JCampus, Document Lock, OnDataSuite and various other state databases) preferred
- Knowledge of K-12 student enrollment and records requirements
- Knowledge of K-12 student progress reports, report cards, grades, transcripts, and graduation plans
Travel requirements: 50% service to all regions in the district
- Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $51,900 and $61,800, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.