Advancement Database Analyst (Immediate Opening)
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Austin is a vibrant city filled with a rich cultural heritage and is ranked as the #1 Best Place to Live for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report. The city of Austin is the state capital and holds the ranking as the 11th largest city in the United States. Currently, Austin is home to 16 of IDEA’s schools and serves nearly 7,800 students at campuses in Austin, Kyle, and Pflugerville.
In a city that is a hub for knowledge, IDEA is working to support the community through education, which is the single most effective anti-poverty strategy we possess as a nation. This is why we focus on AP courses for all students, college acceptance, and matriculation. Only 1 in 8 Austin students graduate college ready. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students. Our goal is to add 16 more schools over the next 4 years, including IDEA’s first health professions school, in support of our mission of college for all, positioning us to serve approximately 13,000 students by 2022.
Role Mission: The Advancement Team Data Analyst will play a critical role in enabling the Advancement team to raise over $70M to support college scholarships & expansion. The Data Analyst supports the Advancement team by maintaining and developing the fundraising data infrastructure that allows the team to make data-driven decisions around effectiveness and efficiency of our donor engagement and stewardship efforts. This is accomplished through developing and maintaining our donor management system and gift processing efforts, developing and maintaining dashboards and reports that are user-friendly and accessible to a broader audience, understanding best practices and making recommendations for process improvement, and providing meaningful insights to drive the work of our Advancement team.
- [Donor Landscape and Pipeline Analysis] Create insightful and actionable donor landscape and pipeline reports and dashboards to guide decision making and strategy
- Develop and maintain weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress to goal reports in Salesforce to effectively track opportunities, pipeline health, engagement efforts, funds raised, and cash received
- Provide data insights to Advancement Vice Presidents and Directors of development for use in strategy and annual planning
- Support Salesforce users in the creation of personalized reporting dashboards
- Actively monitor upcoming reporting and payment deadlines and overall payment trends to ensure continued funding and reliable cash flow from funders
- Ensure reports are easily accessible
- Ensure 100% of scheduled reports are delivered on-time and accurate and real-time data
- [Gift Processing] Ensure 100% of gifts and pledges are recorded with 48 hours of receipt and each gift is acknowledged with appropriate tax language
- Enter all gifts and pledges within 48 hrs of receipt with appropriate documentation
- Review all grant and pledge agreement verbiage and ensure language is approved by the business office prior to execution
- Ensure all gifts and pledges are appropriately acknowledged with appropriate tax language within 5 business days of receipt
- Manage mobile deposit processes
- Run audit reports within salesforce to check for missing payments, allocations or key related data.
- [Salesforce Implementation Support & Maintenance] Support the Director of Development Operations to ensure Salesforce instance is constantly accessible and actively maintained to best support the advancement team’s daily functions
- Serve as team expert on salesforce database management and data entry, making changes to salesforce back-end settings as needed
- Work with external consultants to support development of custom salesforce platform and make ongoing changes to the environment
- Run weekly reports to monitor the integrity of data entry in the salesforce instance following the go-live date
- Partner with external consultants to develop Salesforce training guides
- Provide training and support to advancement team members and business office colleagues
- Maintain database back-end functionality, updating fields and settings as needed
- [Data Integrity] 100% of records in salesforce are entered with accuracy and reconciled to accounting books on a monthly basis
- Develop and maintain weekly, monthly, and quarterly processes for entering gifts, communicating those gifts to the accounting team and reconciling to the general ledger
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business office counterparts
- Lead monthly meeting with business office partners to monitor incoming grants, forecasts, receivables and gift acceptance policies and procedures
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Certified sales force administrator or familiarity with salesforce platform required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Efficient computer skills with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and thorough understanding of database functionality
- Advanced to expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or other data tools to analyze data and provide appropriate visualizations and insights.
- Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
- Ability to research, analyze, report and make sound judgments and work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.
- Strong work ethic with personal drive for success exemplifying “whatever it takes” attitude in a high-growth organization
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills, both written and oral, and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
Compensation: Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $51,900 and $61,800, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.