Receptionist - IDEA Cincinnati (21-22)
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Cincinnati is Ohio’s largest metropolitan area, with a population of just over 2 million. The city offers residents a wealth of attractions, including museums, professional sports teams, and a wide selection of restaurants. Cincinnati’s strong job market and relative low cost of living make it an attractive place to live for individuals and families. According to U.S. News & World Report, the cost of living is slightly lower than the national average with median rent at $787 and median home rates at $161,483
Role Mission: The mission for the Year 0 Receptionist is to collect 100% of applications by Lottery and achieve 100% Projected Enrollment while onboarding 100% of new families and ensuring the campus is safe and operational before the start of school.
- 100% of Applications collected by lottery (3:1 ratio for OGL)
- Achieves 100% Projected Enrollment by the first day of school
- Executes student recruitment efforts that target families with school-aged children within the 3-mile radius immediately surrounding their school
- Ensures all new families are effectively on-boarded beginning with Welcome to IDEA and throughout their first year
- Builds relationships with business partners and secures community assets
- Hosts information sessions for interested families and new applicants
- 100% Projected Enrollment for Academy and College Prep by first day of school (FDOS)
- Enrollment goal is consistently hit every week after the first week of school
- Maintain copies of forms, event information, and answers to frequently asked questions for the campus site and IDEA Public Schools
- Organizes essential forms and documents for families including FARM applications, uniform guide, applications, etc. in a binder, portfolio, etc.
- Copies materials to ensure there is always a supply of all documents at hand
- Communicates effectively with campus lead team and campus ops team to ensure all documents for activities, events, etc. are current
- 90% New Family Persistence (Lottery to FDOS)
- Supports efforts to create an environment where students learn, thrive, and have fun (school culture, praise and recognition, in and out of school events calendar, etc.)
- Monitors and reviews with APO, parent and student feedback, particularly as it relates to non-instructional services and support
- Onboards new families from the time a parent applies come to IDEA through their first year in our schools
- Answers phone calls by providing general information and/or connecting call to appropriate staff
- Maintains familiarity with various roles and duties of staff to direct inquiries appropriately
- Manages list of phone extensions and ensure list remains updated
- Campus safe and operational one week before First Day of School (FDOS)
- Ensures 100% of staff have school ID by FDOS or within 2 work days of starting
- Sets up Raptor system and ensures it is in working order
- Reviews required documents for new staff members to complete and submit I-9, Part 2 and notarizes their SB7 form (Texas only)
- Achieves a 3.5 average score on parent BOY survey
- Serves as a liaison between parents, students, and staff
- Exemplifies IDEA core values and exemplary customer service skills
- Provides lead team support as needed
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: HS diploma or GED required
- Experience: at least 1 year of experience with customer service and/or reception duties
Salaries for this role typically fall between $15.50 - $18.99, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.