Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) - Rio Grande Valley (Immediate Opening)
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA’s mission of college for all as only 1 out of 17 students graduate college ready. Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.
The IDEA Behavior Coach is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) demonstrates knowledge and skill in providing behavior analysis services and behavior management plans for students with Autism in the age range of 3-9 years old through the SOAR (Successful Outcomes through Autism Resources) funded through the Autism TEA Grant. In addition, the BCBA will provide support and professional learning to school site staff, RBTs, co-teachers, and parents in appropriate behavior intervention techniques; conducts assessments and develops plans that conform to state and federal legal frameworks.
1. The BCBA will demonstrate knowledge of and aid in the development, completion, and monitoring of behavior supports for Special Education Services as per State and Federal Guidelines.
- Supports Special Education teachers in developing Functional Behavior Assessments that yield strong Behavior Intervention Plans
- Coaches school staff and parents in implementing behavior supports consistently to support students with Autism in moving into the least restrictive environment
- Follows correct procedures for maintaining records and services.
- Train registered behavior technicians on ABA and student’s program and initial RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) training
- Directly observe treatments/services administered by RBTs
- Review RBT’s documentation and data collection and provides feedback
3. The BCBA will design, implement, and oversee trainings for school staff and parents.
- Develop and oversee parent trainings to facilitate generalization of skills across all environments.
- Develop and oversee General Education teacher trainings to ensure an understanding of how to provide behavioral supports for students in mainstream environments.
- Develop and oversee Special education Teacher trainings to ensure consistent implementation of appropriate behavioral supports.
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships to achieve outcomes
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Master’s degree in Behavioral Analysis
- Licensure: Valid certification as a BCBA in Texas
- Experience: 1+ year of related experience
Salary for people entering this role typically start between $62,800 and $76,000, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational goal attainment. This role is fully grant funded, and continuation past 1 year is based on continued grant funding.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.