Campus Computer Technician - IDEA Tampa Bay (Immediate Opening)
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About Tampa Bay
IDEA Tampa Bay is actively engaging with local community members and families, recruiting students for our launching schools, developing school sites, and recruiting top-notch principals, educators, and operations team members for future schools. Cultivating education and community partnerships, champions, and advocates that will enable IDEA Tampa Bay to most effectively provide a high-quality education to students as they progress along the road to and through college is a top priority in our new region.
Tampa Bay is ranked as #37 on the U.S. News & World Report 2020-21 ‘Best Places to Live’ Rankings. With a cost of living below the national average, the rankings highlight that, “Residents of the Tampa Bay area enjoy both a laid-back beach lifestyle and the amenities of a large metropolitan area, including professional sports teams, interesting museums, and an array of entertainment and dining options. The Tampa Bay metro area is a sprawling and diverse region that encompasses three cities – Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater – each with a distinct personality. Living in the Tampa Bay area is like being on vacation all year.”
Join our cohort of passionate and diverse change makers as we help support students’ dreams to get to and through college.
Role Mission: Campus Technician will facilitate Technology Operations requests and initiatives at their assigned locations. They act as technology liaison from the Technology Operations department to the campus staff by providing technical support and expertise on site. The focus is to concentrate on the support and maintenance of the technology equipment, assist with campus issues and work on district technology projects and campus initiatives including trainings, registration, lab setups, inventory and staff computer deployment. Campus Technicians offer expertise, solutions, and technology advice to campus partners and work hand in hand with Assistant Principals of Operations to support instruction through highly-functional campus technology.
- 95% of HelpDesk tickets are completed within 48 hours, with 40% complete remotely
- Work with and report to APO on campus technology requests.
- Communicate with all clients within 24 hours about repairs
- Partner up with Helpdesk manager on reporting to identify and track goals and trends.
- Complete standard tickets on time and follow up with customers.
- Encourage a Helpdesk creation culture on campus while maintaining great customer service and support.
- Offer technology quotes and solutions for assigned campuses
2. 90% customer satisfaction on Zendesk tickets (surveys)
- Ensure every ticket completed is bookended with communication with customer
- Educate end users after a job is complete to further knowledge and best practices
- Check back with customer to ensure reliability after service
3. 100% of schools are safe and operational one week before FDOS
- Outline and schedule major tasks and milestones to track progress at each site
- Coordinate with campus and central office stakeholders to ensure all dependencies are managed to proper execution
- Escalate major and minor risks to relevant actors
4. Proficient rating on Information Security & Data Privacy Rubric by January 1st and through the LDOS
- Lead Information Security and Privacy practices at the campuses
- Build a strong security culture at each campus through risk management, education, and deterrence
- Practice and share best practice around proper use of technology
- Initiate incidence reporting with campus leadership and HQ personnel to manage all security breaches
5. 100% of Campus Operating Projects completed on time based on Campus Playbook
- Work with HQ and APOs to develop and communicate plans and statuses on monthly HQ projects including Inventory, cleanups, setups, maintenance, computer pickup and BOY
- Manage time between tasks and projects and collaborate with APOs, Key Stake Holders and Regional Lead Tech.
6. Live Values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA’s core values
Staffing Level: IDEA Public Schools has one IT technician for every 2-3 campuses, calculated by adding one technician by region for every 1200 additional devices (computers and tablets).
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems
- Experience: Two years of technical support experience Licenses or Certifications: None
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
- Ability to analyze and resolve computer hardware and software problems
- Knowledge of technologies available for use in instructional setting
- Ability to repair computer and technology equipment
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $18.49/hour and $21.26/hour, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.