Campus Computer Technician - New Orleans (Immediate Opening)
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge is ranked in the top 100 on the U.S. News and World Report Best Places to Live Rankings. It is also home to IDEA Innovation and IDEA Bridge, the first IDEA Public School regions outside of the state of Texas. We are honored to pledge our passion and focus to the students of Baton Rouge and provide an educational experience that will end with college acceptance and matriculation.
While Baton Rouge is well known for its delicious cuisine and entertainment, it is also a nucleus for an abundant culture and history. We are ecstatic to enlist a cohort of strong individuals that will help support student’s dreams to get to and through college.
In 2017, only 1 in 6 students graduated in the state of Louisiana graduated college-ready. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students. IDEA Southern Louisiana is part of the solution for sharing the endless possibilities in grade school, college, and beyond.
About New Orleans
IDEA New Orleans opened their doors in the fall of 2019 with the launch of IDEA Oscar Dunn. Home to world-class restaurants, and beautiful architecture – IDEA is ecstatic to enlist a cohort of strong individuals that will help support student’s dreams to get to and through college.
In 2017, only 1 in 6 students graduated in the state of Louisiana graduated college ready. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students. IDEA Southern Louisiana is part of the solution for sharing the endless possibilities in grade school, college, and beyond.
Role Mission: Campus Technician will facilitate Technology Operations requests and initiatives at their assigned locations. They act as technology liaison from the Technology Operations department to the campus staff by providing technical support and expertise on site. The focus is to concentrate on the support and maintenance of the technology equipment, assist with campus issues and work on district technology projects and campus initiatives including trainings, registration, lab setups, inventory and staff computer deployment. Campus Technicians offer expertise, solutions, and technology advice to campus partners and work hand in hand with Assistant Principals of Operations to support instruction through highly-functional campus technology.
- 95% of HelpDesk tickets are completed within 48 hours, with 40% complete remotely
- Work with and report to APO on campus technology requests.
- Communicate with all clients within 24 hours about repairs
- Partner up with Helpdesk manager on reporting to identify and track goals and trends.
- Complete standard tickets on time and follow up with customers.
- Encourage a Helpdesk creation culture on campus while maintaining great customer service and support.
- Offer technology quotes and solutions for assigned campuses
2. 90% customer satisfaction on Zendesk tickets (surveys)
- Ensure every ticket completed is bookended with communication with customer
- Educate end users after a job is complete to further knowledge and best practices
- Check back with customer to ensure reliability after service
3. 100% of schools are safe and operational one week before FDOS
- Outline and schedule major tasks and milestones to track progress at each site
- Coordinate with campus and central office stakeholders to ensure all dependencies are managed to proper execution
- Escalate major and minor risks to relevant actors
4. Proficient rating on Information Security & Data Privacy Rubric by January 1st and through the LDOS
- Lead Information Security and Privacy practices at the campuses
- Build a strong security culture at each campus through risk management, education, and deterrence
- Practice and share best practice around proper use of technology
- Initiate incidence reporting with campus leadership and HQ personnel to manage all security breaches
5. 100% of Campus Operating Projects completed on time based on Campus Playbook
- Work with HQ and APOs to develop and communicate plans and statuses on monthly HQ projects including Inventory, cleanups, setups, maintenance, computer pickup and BOY
- Manage time between tasks and projects and collaborate with APOs, Key Stake Holders and Regional Lead Tech.
6. Live Values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA’s core values
Staffing Level: IDEA Public Schools has one IT technician for every 2-3 campuses, calculated by adding one technician by region for every 1200 additional devices (computers and tablets).
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems
- Experience: Two years of technical support experience Licenses or Certifications: None
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
- Ability to analyze and resolve computer hardware and software problems
- Knowledge of technologies available for use in instructional setting
- Ability to repair computer and technology equipment
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $17.44/hour and $21.80/hour, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.