Sr. IT Systems Administrator
This position includes day to day administration of our complex IT infrastructure such as business and production systems, networks, firewalls, physical servers, virtualization with Hyper-V, disaster recovery, and more. Our ideal person will also be responsible for providing T2/T3 technical support for employees; IT related training and troubleshooting of issues related to software, hardware, devices, servers, networks, etc.
At Ideal Concepts, we build advanced software and internet applications which tie complicated multi-platform back-end systems to leading edge, innovative, front end web software technology. We embrace the newest technologies and place an extreme emphasis on both software architecture and client usability. This effort leads to the building of innovative technology, not only in our industry, but in the IT industry overall. Much of our IT infrastructure relates to the products that we build.
We also have some Linux/UNIX based systems as well as a variety of networking and firewall equipment, including Check Point, Fortinet, Juniper, and SonicWall. We work mostly in the Windows environment and need someone who has strong Windows abilities.
We are looking for a hardworking, quality driven person with a proven track record of excellence in their field to be considered for this unique opportunity to join the Ideal Concepts team and grow with our top growth company.
This position reports to the IT Manager.
- Maintaining all network equipment patch levels to current stable firmware.
- Ensuring our network security policies best protect our environment in compliance with NIST 80083, HIPAA guidelines, and overall business best practices.
- Configure and maintain our SD-WAN and BGP configuration for our three locations.
- Configure and maintain intra and inter-network connectivity of 1GB, 10GB, and 40GB.
- Maintain DHCP, DNS, IP subnets for multiple sites.
- Configure and maintain Hyper-V virtualized environments including Hyper- V clusters, Storage Space Direct (S2D), and Azure Stack HCI.
- Maintain Windows Server OS including patching, configuration best practices, security best practices and server OS upgrades.
- Configure and maintain our Active Directory domains and Azure Active Directory domains (DNS, GP, users, groups, and service accounts).
- Configure and maintain SQL server environment (performance and support our SQL database team).
- Maintain Veeam Backup environment to ensure we are meeting our target RPO/RTOs.
- Maintain our Microsoft IIS environments to ensure website security and availability.
- Support and administrate our Azure tenants including Azure AD, Azure VMs, Azure Blob storage, and Enterprise applications.
- Ensure our disaster recovery process and procedure is functional.
- Ensure IT hardware, software, and networking equipment are managed and maintained in accordance with processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provide installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, administration, account management, and resolution of software and hardware issues.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining network user’s accounts, user environment, directories, and security.
- Respond to questions and needs of users regarding access to their network resources and the operations of various hardware and software programs.
- Responsible for developing and communicating standards for use, operations and security of the network, personal computers, and data.
- Creation of project plans for orchestrating complex system migrations / hardware replacement.
- Research and evaluate technologies. Involved with strategy conversations.
- Test and install software upgrades.
- Collect and analyze network and system performance/utilization information and maintenance of systems for optimal working ability.
- Work closely with other staff to achieve needed IT administration and support.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years IT Administration experience in a Microsoft Windows and SQL and Azure environment.
- 5+ years Network Configuration and Administration experience.
- 3+ years of experience supporting highly available (99.9%) always running. public-facing web applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server (2019+) and Windows OS (10+).
- Experience in installation of operating system, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Terminal Services, MS Exchange.
- Knowledge of Hyper-V Virtualization Technology and Storage Spaces Direct.
- Knowledge of operation of SQL Server 2019+.
- Knowledge of operation of IIS web server administration.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
- Company pays 100% of the employee's weekly premium for major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (family members may be added for an additional cost).
- Employee 401k Plan.
- Generous PTO policy.
- 8 paid pre-determined holidays.
- Technology-focused, fast-paced working environment.
- Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as co-workers.
- Expansion and growth with one of the top health insurance marketing companies in the nation.
*Supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, and Life insurance are subject to state availability and will only be provided if available in your state of residence
We will soon return to our offices, at which time, we will utilize a hybrid work schedule with regular required work from the office and moderate flexibility to work from home.