Business Development Manager
Ideal Concepts, Inc. is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to oversee the acquisition of new strategic insurance carriers and other business partners, as well as to maintain relationships with our existing insurance carrier partners.
This role is pivotal to our company, as it sets the foundation for our success as an insurance marketing and technology company. The role includes identifying, analyzing, selecting, soliciting, and negotiating partnerships which are aligned with our business needs and ensures that our sales teams can continue to be successful by having the right portfolio of product. Additionally, identifying and negotiating other strategic marketing and business-related partnerships allows us to generate higher quality marketing, increase sales, decrease costs, and otherwise improve our ability to successfully operate as a business in our industry. Maintaining and improving on our existing partnerships and relationships is similarly important, as it allows us to make sure we stay aligned with our existing insurance carrier and other partners.
It is important to the company that there be a dedicated, talented, and experienced leader, aligned with the company vision and goals, managing all facets of business development on behalf of the company. This will ensure that we can execute on our business strategies This position will be responsible for interfacing with sales, marketing, and other relevant departments to identify partnership opportunities, build potential partner lists, vetting out all potential partners, performing thorough data analysis on product and partner competitiveness to assist in deciding on partners, preparing and delivering business proposal presentations in person and via webinar, selecting partners, negotiating business terms, performing initial review and redlines of partner business terms and legal contracts, contracting partners, and coordinating and executing the onboarding of new business partners. Additionally, significant communication is required with existing partners to maintain our relationships, including but not limited to regular communication, in person and through virtual meetings, establishing and tracking goals of relationships, working with sales and marketing teams to achieve such goals, reporting on goal achievement to carrier partners, and presenting future business plans and forecasts to business partners. This position has a broad range of responsibilities and is ultimately responsible for our many and significant business relationships with insurance carriers and other partners that allow us to operate successfully as a business.
A strong candidate for this position has significant experience in developing and maintaining strong and complex business relationships with many multi-million-dollar partners. They will be motivated and driven, and work hard to meet timeline goals and expectations. They will have a high level of business-to-business sales experience, which allows them to successfully establish and maintain strong business partnerships. A strong candidate also has proven analytical skills, is adaptable to change, driven to work independently, and can complete responsibilities consistently with a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment. The individual must have strong leadership and teamwork skills, and the ability to work with cross-functional team members to drive and achieve the goals of the building project.
- Liaise with our company leadership to set strategic goals, make decisions, drive initiatives, and track performance
- Perform a thorough and analytical selection process for potential business partners
- Drive and oversee the business strategy for the company as it relates to strategic partnerships
- Perform thorough analysis of all current, and all new potential insurance carrier partners to identify as accurately as possible which partners will result in the largest competitive edge, and increased sales and/or revenue to help select business partners and project sales for the company.
- Perform reactive and proactive sales solicitation activities up to and including cold calling/reach out to identify, attract, solicit, pitch, negotiate, and close potential partners
- Travel locally and across the country to present partnership opportunities
- Perform presentations to executive leadership, including and up to C-suite individuals in fortune 100 companies for potential and existing partnership opportunities
- Prepare and present highly analytical data related to new and existing partnerships to support our value proposition as a partner
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, legal, and other teams across the company to ensure business strategy is aligned with company needs and goals.
- Read, understand, analyze, and negotiate business terms and contracts which align with our business needs
- Execute onboarding and ongoing maintenance for business partners, so they are launched smoothly and achieve expected results
- Prepare reports and presentations regarding partnership status for the varying partners showing business partnership progress.
- Ability to perform at an exceptionally high level of quality while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn complex topics with high memory retention and ability to think critically.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent proven leadership and teamwork skills
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, well-organized, and excellent time management to be able to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines independently with tight timelines.
- Positive and self-motivated with the ability to change priorities when needed.
- Skilled at independent research and problem solving.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven negotiation skills
- Knowledge of industry trends, legal rules, and guidelines
- Ability to read, understand, and provide guidance on potential partnership business terms and legal contracts
- Strong attention to detail and unwavering commitment to quality
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Analytical mindset with the ability to solve problems proactively and efficiently
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to develop and implement vision
- Exceptional public speaking ability
- Experience managing projects from concept to implementation and through completion.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, in Business, Finance, or related field.
- 5+ years of senior business development experience
- Significant trade knowledge in the insurance industry within our lines of business (Health, Medicare, Life, Property, and Casualty).
- Proven business to business sales ability
- Experience working through detailed contracting processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Company pays 100% of the employee's weekly premium for major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Employee 401k plan with company matching
- Generous PTO plan
- 8 paid pre-determined holidays
- Technology focused, fast paced working environment
- Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as co-workers
- Expansion and growth with one of the top insurance marketing technology companies in the nation
- This is an on-site position, located in Allentown, PA, from the company’s headquarters, with a reasonable work at home allowance as needed.
*Supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, and Life insurance are subject to state availability and will only be provided if available in your state of residence.
We will soon return to our offices, at which time, we will utilize a hybrid work schedule with regular required work from the office and moderate flexibility to work from home.