Captive Underwriter and Compliance Specialist
The Captive Insurance Underwriter and Compliance Specialist is to expand the captive underwriting and growth capacity through providing support with cell captives, standalone captives and group captives, Haven Re, RRGs and others as they grow with the consulting and management in the Global Captive Solutions (GCS) Team. In addition, this position will work in unison with the management, consulting and advisory teams to ensure compliance is maintained across the GCS footprint. The ideal candidate would have excellent communication skills, underwriting skills (technical writing of policies), facilitator of underwriting committees, product development capabilities, be a team player, and demonstrate initiative with strong analytical abilities.
In This Role You Will Execute On:
- Timely and accurate gathering of new member information for proper indication and quoting for group captives
- Timely and accurate coordination with markets for group captives and members for ongoing maintenance
- Effective communication with clients and other service providers to ensure the captive insurance entities remain compliant and servicing is meeting expectations
- Facilitate and manage underwriting committees for captives under management
- Spearhead the onboarding process for new captives' policy creation
- Participate in the renewal process with the carrier, members, CEs and other service providers as needed
- Maintain listing of all captive policies by client
- Strong time management skills demonstrated by an ability to manage a portfolio of captive clients with multiple members with competing deadlines
In This Role You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3+ years of relevant captive insurance writing experience. Successful and relevant Hylant experience may offset education/experience requirement
- Desire to develop skills and abilities in order to advance personal career and the firm.
- Ability to consider multiple data sources and draw relevant conclusions.
- Ability to notice inconsistences and errors in work product and documents.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Able to present quotations, reports and other documents to captive members effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis and interact with insureds, reinsurers and agents during conventions, meetings and audits
- Proficiency with Word. PowerPoint and Excel
- Five to seven years of insurance experience preferably in captive insurance underwriting
A multi-year recipient of Best Places to Work in Insurance, Hylant is a full-service insurance brokerage with 20 offices in eight states. And since the founding of our family-owned business over 85 years ago, we made a promise to strengthen and protect the businesses, employees and communities of our client family by embracing them as our own. We’re more than an insurance brokerage firm and you’re more than a client, employee or neighbor. You’re family. And that’s just the way we treat you.
Hylant is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, Veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Hylant participates in E-Verify.