Client Service Manager - Global Risk Management (Private Equity Insurance Placement)
Reporting to the Client Service Leader, the Client Service Manager (CSM) will consistently and effectively develop, enhance, and solidify relationships with the service team by providing exceptional service in accordance with Hylant standards. The CSM will provide a high level of quality support to the Client Executive (CE) and other Hylant service team members in the handling of the team accounts. They will continue to grow and develop insurance knowledge as well as professionalism to the highest level possible. Maintaining a high level of accuracy and a strong attention to detail are a must for success in this role.
Our Global Risk Management team provides full-service support to clients who are typically larger, growth oriented, and/or complex organizations that require a high level of service and support for all insurance needs. Ideal candidates will be located in the U.S. Midwest, near a Hylant office location working a hybrid schedule with travel (up to 25%).
Are You A Match?
The Client Service Manager needs to have technical insurance expertise in a variety of coverage areas. Experience with private equity insurance placements and the ability to provide quick turn-around on placing insurance programs for acquisitions is key to success in this role. Working knowledge of Applied EPIC is a plus.
In This Role You Will Execute On:
Internal and External Client Support:
- Serve as the lead primary service contact to clients for an assigned book of business. This includes oversight of client service on identified accounts, overseeing team engagement including responsiveness, deadlines and escalation needs.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to the service support team while offering the guidance to complete tasks, ensuring the tasks are completed promptly and accurately.
- Place insurance programs for business acquisitions.
- Promote open communication with sales and other internal stakeholders keeping them informed with any client issues or concerns.
- Maintain a 96% or higher client retention ratio while also consistently working to pursue opportunities for growth within the team’s existing book of business.
- Participate in ongoing relationship development with clients, carrier partners, resources and internal teams and stakeholders to strengthen relationships with the Hylant team and promote long term partnerships.
- Collaborate with sales and other internal and external stakeholders in the collection of information needed for marketing new and renewal business as well as the placement of quality programs with competitive pricing and favorable terms for new and existing clients.
- Create submission, market the insurance program and review the quote terms and forms to ensure it reflects what was requested in our submission.
- Produce thorough and accurate proposals using EPIC (Agency Management System) and Microsoft Suite.
- Assist with invoicing, certificates, contract reviews.
- Maintain accurate client records and documentation, within EPIC, adhering to Hylant workflows and procedures.
- Mentor the team, and others, helping them gain the knowledge and the skills they need to succeed in their career.
- Continue ongoing pursuit of insurance knowledge.
In This Role You'll Need:
- 5-10+ years of Property & Casualty experience within the insurance industry
- Experience with private equity insurance placement is required
- Associate's or higher level degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid Resident State Agent’s License and maintenance of license required
- Attention to Detail: Comprehensive and error free work
- Coachable: Quick learner and the ability to take direction/constructive feedback
- Communication: Successfully conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts
- Emotional Intelligence/Inclusiveness: Appropriately interacts with all members of the team, visitors, carriers, and community partners without regard to individual characteristics
- Listening Skills: Allows others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints
- Organization and Planning: Ability to plan, prioritize, delegate and organize work to meet or exceed deadline expectations
- Professionalism: Demonstrates a personal commitment to create a professional, empathetic and welcoming environment
- Ability to work well in a team but also independently as well
A multi-year recipient of Best Places to Work in Insurance, Hylant is a full-service insurance brokerage with 21 offices in eight states. And since the founding of our family-owned business over 85 years ago, we made a promise to strengthen and protect the businesses, employees and communities of our client family by embracing them as our own. We’re more than an insurance brokerage firm and you’re more than a client, employee or neighbor. You’re family. And that’s just the way we treat you.
Hylant is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, Veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Hylant participates in E-Verify.