Summer 2024 Communications Intern
Hachette Book Group’s summer internship program offers individuals an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest. To learn more about the company, visit our career site: https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/about/careers/
Program dates: June 3rd – August 9th (10 weeks)
Location: ON-SITE: This position will be based in our NY office on a two-day per week hybrid schedule. Company laptop will be provided for the duration of the program.
Weekly schedule: 28 hours per week, Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-5:00pm
Pay rate: $16/hour
As an HBG Communications Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- An individual interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a curiosity to learn new things
- Ability to work collaboratively with a dynamic team and contribute insights
- Resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities and work independently
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Canva, social media
What you will do:
- Assist in managing and updating content on Bookends (company intranet site) and Hachette Speakers Bureau website
- Post content to HBG’s consumer website (press releases, news archives, etc.)
- Work with SVP, Communications Director to collect and catalog relevant news about HBG for sharing internally
- Work with Hachette Speakers Bureau Director on marketing initiatives including researching contacts, building database lists, and email outreach to event sponsors
- Design graphics in Canva for website, social media, and marketing purposes
- Draft content for weekly and quarterly internal newsletters, and other internal communications projects
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume and cover letter.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.