Publicist, Running Press & Black Dog & Leventhal-Philadelphia, PA
Running Press is seeking a highly-motivated, creative, and energetic Publicist to join our Philadelphia team in orchestrating wide-reaching and sales-driving publicity campaigns for a broad range of titles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and execute publicity campaigns for a wide array of highly illustrated, non-fiction books (subjects ranging from sports to art, humor, pop culture, craft, music, etc.)
- Secure reviews, author interviews, and features in national, local, and niche media
- Collaborate with publicity and marketing department colleagues on other titles across the Running Press and Black Dog & Leventhal lists, especially for key holiday gift pitching
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts nationwide
- Create dynamic press materials and targeted email pitches
- Work in partnership with authors and agents on publicity campaigns; maintain relationships with both front and backlist authors
- Communicate with Editorial, Marketing, Sales, and Subrights as part of a cohesive publicity effort for each title
- Participate in the coordination of regional trade shows, festival attendance, award submissions, and more
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 2-3 years of prior book publishing or publicity experience, preferably in trade publishing
- Experience working with local and national media; knowledge of print, broadcast and online media contacts, trade book publishing, and the overall media landscape
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills: ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively
- Experience with social media platforms, especially Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
About Running Press:
Founded in 1972, Running Press has a history of publishing products that entertain, inspire, and delight. Running Press publishes close to 200 new titles a year under five imprints: Running Press Adult, RPMinis™, Running Press Kids, RP Studio, and Black Dog & Leventhal. Beautifully designed and creatively packaged, Running Press books, miniature editions, and stationery product cover a broad range of lifestyle and pop-culture categories that include licensed programs, humor, food and wine, craft, performing arts, children’s nonfiction, YA and middle grade fiction, picture books, and board books.
About Black Dog & Leventhal:
Black Dog & Leventhal, an imprint of Running Press, has established an excellent worldwide reputation for creating a quality, varied, and inventive program of illustrated nonfiction and visual reference books. It publishes in a wide range of subjects that include art, style and design, history, science and math, humor, music, food, reference, and more, as well as a small vibrant list of children’s reference books.
Running Press and Black Dog & Leventhal are imprints of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc. Hachette Book Group is a leading trade publisher based in New York and a division of Hachette Livre, the third largest trade and educational publisher in the world.