Editorial & Marketing Assistant, Grand Central Publishing Balance
GCP Balance is a practical nonfiction imprint built with the whole person in mind. Our mission is to inspire and empower readers to be their best selves physically and mentally, at home, at their desks, and out in the world. The Editorial and Marketing Assistant will provide vital administrative, editorial, and marketing support to the VP, Publisher and Associate Marketing Director.
- Assist the VP, Publisher and Associate Marketing Director in scheduling, meeting planning, travel arrangements and general administrative support.
- Submit monthly expense reports and reimbursements using Concur.
- Take and distribute meeting minutes for meetings as needed.
- Enter and track data in the title management database, ensuring the flow of approvals for deal memos, contracts, payments, etc.
- Write catalog, cover and promotional copy and prepare fact sheets.
- Read, evaluate, and report on manuscripts, proposals and other materials submitted for publication in a timely manner.
- Communicate with authors and agents about queries, payments, sales information, etc.
- Traffic editorial projects through Production, Copyediting, and Marketing, and secure appropriate approvals.
- Prepare pre-acquisition materials, including profit-and-loss statements.
- Draft rejection letters for materials submitted for publication.
- Submit titles to various awards/prizes throughout the year
- Provide general marketing support; collating and updating the marketing agenda for weekly meetings, coding and processing invoices for approval, mailing books for reviewers and publications, and frequently uploading praise quotes into the title management database.
- Research author platforms, audience communities, and organizations for title outreach
- Update social media accounts several times daily and monitor author social media
- Coordinate GoodReads and other book giveaways
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Previous administrative experience and/or experience in editorial or marketing preferred
- Demonstrated interest in book publishing
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience with databases as well as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.