Contact Center Representative
CONTACT CENTER REPRESENTATIVE
Hachette Book Group (HBG) is searching for outgoing problem solvers for its facility in Lebanon, IN. As a Contact Center Representative in our 40-45 person team, you will act as liaison between customers, sales representatives, fellow HBG employees, and our Client Publishers. While primarily inbound-focused, this center handles email, phone, fax, and mail contacts that originate from both inside and outside our company. Every day brings something new.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementing best practices to meet or exceed customer needs and requests with a mutually beneficial outcome
- Interact with internal and external customers by phone, resulting in 30-50 inbound calls per day
- Manually enter orders received over the phone or sent in via email, fax, and mail
- Challenge yourself to achieve individual and team goals based on contact center metrics and service level agreements
- Collaborate with other remarkable individuals to achieve group objectives and improve procedures
- Become the expert in HBG’s procedures, systems, and policies
- Adherence to scheduled work times
- Investigate and assess electronic order traffic, including Excel report processing
- Additional duties as necessary
- Strong, clear communication (verbal and written)
- Able to identify and prioritize customer needs. Use creative, quick thinking to provide appropriate resolutions to presented concerns, questions, or unforeseen challenges
- Exhibit skill navigating the internet, use email and messaging tools, as well as Excel while on a call
- Strong typing abilities, plus 10-key numeric keypad competence
- Must be organized and detail oriented. Attention to detail is key
- Positive, customer-focused attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Results-driven with a demonstrated ability to achieve goals
- Must be able to work as part of a team, supporting others and demonstrating adaptability
- Should have an exceptional willingness to learn, be self-motivated and determined to succeed
- 1+ years’ experience in a service environment
- Prior contact center or data entry experience and/or familiarity with ticketing tools such as Zendesk a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s preferred
Hachette Book Group is a leading trade publisher in the U.S., and a division of Hachette Livre, the third largest trade and educational publisher in the world. Headquartered in New York, HBG also has major offices in Boston, MA, Lebanon, IN, and Nashville, TN. HBG also provides a wide range of distribution, fulfillment, digital and sales services to a number of third party publishers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.